Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Floating Baits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating Baits

Ok Guys, Lets have a vote on this subject of Floating baits. Whilst it can give you a good head of carp but at the same time give you a headACE with fellow anglers on matches. Whilst me personally am not a big fan of floating baits, I can sympathise with the guy who is fishing on the bottom in the next peg. At one of my local venues they have banned feeding floating baits but you can still fish it on the hook. So what is your take on this one is it down to the discretion of the fisheries or the clubs themselves, personally I would ban it tomorrow.
    Ban them now!
    58.82%
    Allow them!
    41.18%
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

I say ban it!
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

If the fishery allow it then use it but only as an hook bait but must be under the surface ie popped up.

Comment

Problem is i you allow it as just a hookbait then you get people who will cast out with bread on the hook and strike it off. The way i look at it either allow it or ban it. No half measures whereby the rules are going to be bent. Personally i would ban them, but thats only my opinion.
        Steve Ringer
        Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

Floaters that are meant to be floaters can be a big problem to other anglers if they are allowed but even worse are the casters and pellets that are meant to sink but dont.

I fished on Saturday and tried damping down some of the fisheries own sinking pellets but still found a number floated .

I would prefer no floating baits as I much prefer fishing on the deck and stray floaters encourage fish up in the water.
          PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

I would ban 'em. You can really screw your peg (and others) up with em. If theres a bit toe / wind the fish just follow the bait taking the away from you!

Comment

Towards me!!
              John - Kingfisher
              Talk Angling Senior Member
              Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

ban......i have enough trouble holding my fish.....so get a bit john cleesey when i see all them baits floating through and taking me fish with them....but what do i know
                In darkness we do what we can
                In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

What we need is for all fishery venues to apply the same rules ie no floating baits. We ( Pops A C ) fish 13 club matches each year and all the fishery rules are different the only addition as a club is we apply the rule no feeding floating baits but as said by steve the person next to you if fishing the bread will strike a couple of pieces off oops missed a bite!!.
                  My own personal oppinion would be to ban all floating baits as this would make for a fair match instead of the fish following the bait.

Comment

Our club rules state fish to fishery rules, except

No floating bait, all bait must be at least 6in under water
                    No floating pole.
                    all rigs must have a float attached.
                    We don't have any problems.

Comment

Ban them!!
                      Fisheries that have a no floating baits rule and make you use their feed pellets of which 25% float are very annoying
                      On Saturday after potting in a large pot of the fisheries own pellets, I spent a couple of minutes smacking them with my pole pot in order to try & make them sink

Comment

Thats exactly the way we do it, fish to fishery rules apart from no feeding floating baits but its very annoying when they differ from one fishery to another then its use our pellets normally a lot dearer than the shops.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkC
                          Ban them!!
                          Fisheries that have a no floating baits rule and make you use their feed pellets of which 25% float are very annoying
                          On Saturday after potting in a large pot of the fisheries own pellets, I spent a couple of minutes smacking them with my pole pot in order to try & make them sink

Hi Mark,

Very true what you are saying, have you tried soaking them with a little water.

Hi Growler,

I also take on board your comment re pellets but they are running a business, and they are also thinking of the welfare of their investment namely the Carp and all that reside in their lakes. We also fish around thirteen matches and we also get differing rules on various lakes, as you say it must be up to the club if the fishery will not ban floaters to impliment the rules that no one floats bait then its a leveler.

><((((?>

Comment

Hi Ridgeacre

Couldnt agree more with your rules. Ironicly our match at the weekend on Portland Grange (old lake) Flintham Notts was won on floating dog biscuit and bread with 157lb and 70lb second the carp were there all day and never moved other anglers never stood a chance. looks like we will have to do some upsetting of the rules in our club.

><((((?>

Comment

If they are allowed on the venue clubs should allow them, it's hard enough to catch fish so why make it harder by banning allowed methods that are working

Comment

Working...
                              X