Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Method Feeder and Tackle Advice!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Method Feeder and Tackle Advice!!!!

Fishing a few carp Puddles in a few weeks and wondering would daiwa sensor line be ok for method feeder fishing and what strength to use for carp to early double figures. Im thinking 6 or 8lb but im not sure.

Also would a daiwa Connoisseur Z 11-13 Still Water Feeder fished at 11 foot be Ok for fishing method on Makins Phase 1????

Daiwa sensor will be fine, i use it in 6lb for method and some float work, Had carp to 12 lb on it no problem, if you gonna be catching alot of just mainly bigger fish i would go for 8lb though, Never even seen a Daiwa connoisseur so cant answer that one!
    Last edited by blanker; 29 August 2010, 09:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

If its the std one you may take time to get them in and only use a small feeder

Comment

its the still water feeder, i use it here in ireland for feeders up to 50g and a reasonablylong chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by dunno View Post
          Fishing a few carp Puddles in a few weeks and wondering would daiwa sensor line be ok for method feeder fishing and what strength to use for carp to early double figures. Im thinking 6 or 8lb but im not sure.

Also would a daiwa Connoisseur Z 11-13 Still Water Feeder fished at 11 foot be Ok for fishing method on Makins Phase 1????
          I've got three of these rods and they are fantastic with a nice soft action which powers up into the butt section when you get a good 'un on. I can't fault these rods and I think that they'll be ideal for your fishing. Daiwa Sensor 6lb should be OK, I think you'll be surprised just how much pressure you can put on a 6lb line!

Graham
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Thanks

Any tips on Makins

Comment

Does anyone on this site fish makins 1 and 3???

Comment

Originally posted by billy whizz View Post
                If its the std one you may take time to get them in and only use a small feeder
                The rod is fine, if anything, too powerfull at times! Will handle the biggest of feeders and fish! The Power models are way too stiff!

Comment

i found fishing very tight up to islands etc with sensor a bit too hit and miss for my liking due to the stretch in it.
                  since switching to tdr reel line my range accuracy seems a fair bit better.

Comment

Use a heavier line and there will be less stretch, Shimano Technium 8lb is ideal.

Comment

any tactics i should be aware of... im heading over on sunday, ive never fished the method, we dont need it here.

Comment

Working...
                      X