Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

September Match fishing magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Match fishing magazine

Just wondered how many of you have read the article on page 146 of match fishing magazine called "the final word" by deputy editor Mark Williams.
    Mark talks about how he watched the two day competition of the fish o mania weekend and has given a very honest opinion of how he thought it went and his likes and dislikes about the whole thing.

I happen to applaud him for his words and think he is bang on the money with his comments, except we are told its the anglers choice of being miked up or not (maybe one for Nathan to comment on). He has sound suggestions for future competitions and what he thinks would make them even better.

Have a read of it I’m sure like me the majority on here will agree. Especially what he has to say about Nathan.
    [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NEW PB 108lb 2oz, 26/08/2012 Wyatt?s pool, Cobhouse Fishery
    106lb 4oz, 17/08/2011 Laugherne Island pool, Cobhouse Fishery

Nathan is to tight to buy a magazine, he'll have to read it in whsmiths

Comment

I think it's quite a poor article actually, poorly researched aswell!

Bring back Stan Piecha.

Comment

Each to their own Mark, we all have our own point of view.
        However I can recall the blonde doing a link and standing behind Emma & Tommy and she was told to move by Emma, she turned to camera and whispered I have got to be quiet as Tommy’s into a fish. I sat there laughing and thought NO get out the way you stupid bint.

The laughing at Nathan having lost a big fish was also true as for the filming of Mick Bull and ruining his swim.

I think his idea of using non qualifying fisherman as bank runners would be good or at least use people who not what the hell they are talking about.

Remember last year when the celebrities match was disrupted by a blonde and a camera man who then walked all over and broke the pole on the bank.
        [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Sorry 3rd paragraph should read.
          or at least use people who know what the hell they are talking about.

Comment

read the article today,my sentiments exactly so much so i posted my thoughts on another forum seem to touch a nerve with a certain mr arthur ?
            brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

I thought he was quite correct with his article.
              It was as obvious as the nose on your face that Sky and more so Keith Arthur were desperate for Tom Pickering to win, ear piece and running commentary surely giving an unfair advantage.
              There was a similar story on the champions match, this time Mat Hall was the one given the running commentary.
              The laughing incident when Nathan lost a carp at the net was a little nasty and not really a great advertisment for sportsmanship.
              The format I think is almost spot on, Sky have managed to inject a little pazzazz into angling, I watched it on both days as did my other half and her two teenage daughters who were both engrossed in the matches which,with both being so close made for great TV.

carl.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

Comment

Why Dave what comments did you make and what did you get back. I do find Mr Arthur some what irritating at times.

Carl I agree it was good viewing and like you I watched both matches live on tv. But it isn’t until someone points out the obvious that you stop and think is it.
                I never gave it a thought on either day that both eventual winners had received very little coverage on either day and then when you look at some of the other things Mark points out you start to think about it in greater detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Maver-Rich View Post
                  Just wondered how many of you have read the article on page 146 of match fishing magazine called "the final word" by deputy editor Mark Williams.
                  Mark talks about how he watched the two day competition of the fish o mania weekend and has given a very honest opinion of how he thought it went and his likes and dislikes about the whole thing.

I happen to applaud him for his words and think he is bang on the money with his comments, except we are told its the anglers choice of being miked up or not (maybe one for Nathan to comment on). He has sound suggestions for future competitions and what he thinks would make them even better.

Have a read of it I’m sure like me the majority on here will agree. Especially what he has to say about Nathan.
                  I wasn't asked to be miked up. And yes Stan, I am too tight to buy it!

Comment

i'd just like to know Nathan seems to be the Millwall of the angling world

Comment

Matt hall soon had the grin wiped off his face though,lads. He is a great angler,but he went down in my estimation as a sportsman after laughing when nathan (aka champ) lost the carp at the net. He who laughs last springs to mind?
                      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by davebee View Post
                        read the article today,my sentiments exactly so much so i posted my thoughts on another forum seem to touch a nerve with a certain mr arthur ?
                        What forum was that Dave, wouldn't mind reading it??

Comment

i agree with the article, if one angler gets an ear peace to hear how others are fishing they all should - seems like cheating otherwise.

Comment

I didn't think it was a big thing when Matt laughed when Nathan lost the fish , i would have laughed and i really like Nathan.

Comment

Bad sportsmanship mate,to laugh at others misfortunes,and keith should be impartial as a sporting commentator.
                              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
                              X