Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

where is the best place to get fishing tackle online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is the best place to get fishing tackle online?

thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

there are loads of online tackle shops try fosters of birmingham chapmans nathans and many more regards john rhodes

Comment

I've had good service from Climax Tackle.

Bennetts give good service, though half the stuff they advertise seems not to be in stock....

Comment

The best i have dealt with by far are the following.
        Harrisons
        Davies
        Ted Carter
        Pole floats.com
        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

go to yr local tackle shop the best place by a mile!
          stainforth angling full of loving for all ;)

Comment

Well said Chubb tamer, the knowledge these guys carry is invaluable and if they are decent then you can get better bargains and definitely better after sales.
            [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]ELWELL FLOATS
            Never miss a bite.
            [url]www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk[/url][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Comment

ebay
              [URL]http://talkangling.co.uk/fishing/tackle-sale/61600-high-quality-chianti-style-handmade-pole-floats-0-2-0-7-a.html[/URL]

Comment

Matchman Supplies are very good and postage is free

Comment

support your local tackle shop or where you gonna get that pint of maggots or kilo of worms when the internet puts them all out of business

Comment

Originally posted by stavros View Post
                    support your local tackle shop or where you gonna get that pint of maggots or kilo of worms when the internet puts them all out of business
                    I am finding it hard to find a match result where maggots feature as a bait in the winning results,worms are easy to obtain online,you can do almost anything through the internet,so unless your local tackle shop is prepared to adapt to todays market place,ie be competative,and offer a wide range of products,then the writing is on the wall,adapt or die,i often buy from Fosters and Fishermans Friend because i live in Brum and dont have to pay p&p,but both these companies im sure would struggle without thier web sales.but if i can buy cheaper elsewhere and my local will not match the price its a no brainer.now before anyone gets uptight with me,im not saying its good and im not saying its what i prefer im just saying thats the way it is,and to make the point a product and price was discussed with another local tackle dealer,when i said i thought he was expensive at £24.99 he said he could do them at £14.99 but had no intention of doing so.At the end of the day it boils down to this.....if your not competative....the whitewash goes on the window and next week its a charity shop.
                    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

use your local shop for whatever you can, but if you use the net then i can heartily recommend matchman supplies, superb customer service and no p&p.
                      i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Comment

Another vote for matchman supplies-very good service and free p and p. Fosters and nathans of derby highly recommended too.
                        Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

with ms i was shocked to get a phone call to tell me that one item was out of stock, and then to be offered several alternatives kinda left me speechless. most places you get an email at most.
                          i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Comment

Matchman Supplies and The Matchmen, both in Nottingham and both free postage!

Comment

jesus christ,, something we agree on !
                              LOL!
                              :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Working...
                              X