Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Speed fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed fishing

Had a few matches recently where small carp short quick is the way to go,only problem i find that im not quick enough with the pellet,what are the best ways and or pellets for this where soft pellets are required as if i bite is missed i need to be going straight back down rather than rebaiting.
    [SIZE=7]ELWELL FLOATS

[/SIZE] [url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/[/url]

band pellet
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Soft pellets are to my mind never required for this type of fishing they will not stay on the hook and you are wasting time rebaiting.
      Get some Mossela micro bands and band a 4mm pellet close to the bend of the hook. Loose feed by hand and try to get em up in the water.
      Have a duplicate rig or 2 made up in case of accidents if you stop feeding you will lose em.
      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Ah Payno: I see your going for it big time lol.
        Congrats on the new pb mate.

PS: Let me know if it works
        [SIZE="3"][COLOR="#2e8b57"][COLOR="lime"][SIZE="4"]Maver-Rich[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

NEW PB 108lb 2oz, 26/08/2012 Wyatt?s pool, Cobhouse Fishery
        106lb 4oz, 17/08/2011 Laugherne Island pool, Cobhouse Fishery

Comment

yes rich,only problem is im quicker fishing the paste than i am the pellet,got solhampton sunday prob for the last time due the the owner being a div and might do cobhouse saturday so will have a bit of practice.
          SPADGER,do you hook the band or tie one on a hair rig,i was hooking a gardner band and had a couple snap,i was using a 16 wide gape pellet drennan hook.
          [SIZE=7]ELWELL FLOATS

Comment

experiment with csl on ur expanders,pump em in water,leave for a few mins,drain off then pour csl on,they exp about half way and are firm,i also got some 4 n 6 mm feed pellets which can be soaked slightly to leave them very firm and very hookable.do the hookers the night before.
            fish positive rigs with all ur shot in a bulk as close as 3 - 4 i n c h from the hook.
            Banding is ok but varnish on to a hair and use a fine mesh net,this way u can catch 100 fish on 1 or 2 hookbaits,tie up/varnish 10 hooklengths ready.
            Last edited by FORDY-1; 6 September 2010, 10:46 PM.

Comment

try an imatation pellet on the hook

Comment

Originally posted by FORDY-1 View Post
                experiment with csl on ur expanders,pump em in water,leave for a few mins,drain off then pour csl on,they exp about half way and are firm,i also got some 4 n 6 mm feed pellets which can be soaked slightly to leave them very firm and very hookable.do the hookers the night before.
                fish positive rigs with all ur shot in a bulk as close as 3 - 4 i n c h from the hook.
                Banding is ok but varnish on to a hair and use a fine mesh net,this way u can catch 100 fish on 1 or 2 hookbaits,tie up/varnish 10 hooklengths ready.
                whats csl mate.
                [SIZE=7]ELWELL FLOATS

Comment

when you had your pb at cob house i had all my fish on banded pellet i'm sure this made the difference on the day, if you don,t like banded you could try doing your own jelly pellets to firm the hookers up
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000]Phil's Tackle[SIZE=5][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/index.html[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by payno View Post
                    whats csl mate.
                    corn steep liquor, bait tech do it now,not many others do.

Comment

I'd fish a banded pellet on a hair,and use mosella bands,as spadger says-they should stay on for a few fish too. Use the micro for 4mm and small for 6mm. (It's much quicker with a pellet bander I find,not as fiddly)
                      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Burnley Secret, we tie line around our pellets for speed fishing. When you get in to it you will be able to tie 3-4 pellets every minute, the larger the pellets the easier they are to tie. 6mm and 8mm are the most used. For a match you will need about 60 pellets as you will catch more than one fish on each pellet. Tie a piece of line around your hooker pellets and just hook your hook under the piece of line. The pellet will sit on the bend of the hook which is perfect for this type of fishing. Pellet comes off just pop another one back on. Much quicker than bands and much better than soft pellets which will come off all the time. My best match weight is 268lb in 5 hours on small carp up to 1lb but most under 8ozs. I won the match easily against some very good anglers (100lb clear)

Comment

they are after big weights at the place he is goin tho. upto 250 fish at times.

Comment

watched a guy bagging up on f1's shallow he'd glued a piece of elastic to a varnished 6mm pellet put the hook through the elastic caught loads of fish on the same pellet all through the session, might be worth a try.
                            please let me draw a flyer

Comment

Originally posted by payno View Post
                              Had a few matches recently where small carp short quick is the way to go,only problem i find that im not quick enough with the pellet,what are the best ways and or pellets for this where soft pellets are required as if i bite is missed i need to be going straight back down rather than rebaiting.
                              Take a speed camara with you when it flashes you will know your going quick enough.
                              [URL]http://talkangling.co.uk/fishing/tackle-sale/61600-high-quality-chianti-style-handmade-pole-floats-0-2-0-7-a.html[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X