Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Worst Fishery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Fishery

What is the worst fishery you have ever fished.
    You must take into account, fish welfare, cleanliness of fishery, pegs (to near) cafe, toilets, helpfullness of staff, parking facilities, security, and health and safety of the ANGLER.

CHEERS

Pegs can't be too near the cafe
    [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

I don't know about the worst one but one of the best is the Suffolk Water Park.

Park behind your peg, good cafe, excellent staff, clean pegs, well spaced pegs, fish are well looked after, toilets around the site that are looked after, no power lines or serious snags in the pegs that fish can be lost in.

The Glebe is one of the best as well.
      [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

O.K. Waveneyone, lets add to which is the worst fishery you have ever fished, to which is the best fishery you have ever fished.
        ferryman
        Talk Angling User
        Last edited by ferryman; 3 September 2007, 04:23 PM.

Comment

The worst fishery I have ever fished is a bit of a wierd one actauly.In the winter it is excelent.Hardly anyone fishing,carp can be caught all year round in some pegs and its maintained very well.
          However,in the summer,it is full of the deckchair brigade and the buzzer boys using floaters when they not allowed,bombing your swim with spods and method feeders when they arent allowed.Rats the size of jack russels rumaging around in the margins,bins full to bursting with litter,people swinging in 1lb+ fish,balling in,pretty much everything you dont want from a fishery.And its 8 quid for the privelege of fishing it when its like this.

The fishery is..............woodlands,carlton minniot

Comment

selly oak on the canal in Birmingham........boats ,canoes,bikes. joggers, hikers,glue sniffers.winos,helicopters,and a severe shortage of fish.....but theres an open there every Sunday morning...and yes i occasionally choose to go
            In darkness we do what we can
            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

how do you keep it to just one !!!

meters of line everywhere and an horrendous toilet (sure i caught more than fish that day ) - bradshaw hall
              litter (which really spolit the place ) - browning cudmore
              too many rules and a nazi style enforcement approach - hosticks nr hull
              any fishery where the same two pegs always win the match

as for favourites:
              hayfield for the quality of the fishing and the best looking bailiff ( albeit she can have her moments)
              risby - folly where the good anglers frame from any peg
              messingham lovely cafe lovely waitresses!!! park behind virtually every peg ,the weighing service and cracking fishing
              the carrot bites back:D
              ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot
                selly oak on the canal in Birmingham........boats ,canoes,bikes. joggers, hikers,glue sniffers.winos,helicopters,and a severe shortage of fish.....but theres an open there every Sunday morning...and yes i occasionally choose to go

sir teepot

have you tried further up towards the university?

i go for a look there when out skateboardin i see a few decent fish swirels arising and its all peace and quiet no dsiturbance
                [COLOR="SeaGreen"]carp fisher!but its a bream![/COLOR]

Comment

yes we used fish bye the bridge.. lots of building going on there at moment......theres more fish than selly oak without a shadow of doubt i honestly think selly oak is contaminated by the old battery park i have read on line about it and know they are cleaning it up for the new sainsburys...but still to many boats ..best place to beat the boats is rural small heath i have a mate who can get you a ticket if you want some proper canal fishing
                  In darkness we do what we can
                  In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

worst fishery

Without a shadow of doubt, i hate moorlands farm.
                    No scenery, to many rules and the worse moody owners ever.
                    The best, all of leamington anglers assosciation waters , especially snitterfield reservoir.

Comment

Brickhill fishery near Milton Keynes, £9 a day to sit there and catch pastie looking carp no bigger than 1lb and minus a mouth.......and if there were toilets I never found them haha! on the plus side there were two really cute pet pygmy goats in a pen with what appeared to be a wendy house for shelter! waste of money in my opinion!

Comment

leasows park it is truley awfull it doesnt have a cafe no toilets (other than bushes) no fish pegs are over grown,rats the works
                        [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
                        Guess who is back...
                        [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
                        [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                        X