Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Help... A few pointers in setting up a match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help... A few pointers in setting up a match

Hi all, im setting up a works fishing match and there is going to be 10 of us in total, restricted to this number due to the size of venue and warden is a mate who's reserving us one side of the "water" free of charge, apart from the usual day ticket price,.... upto yet... the plan is we all throw a 10er in the pot for prizes... 1st £50, 2nd £30, 3rd £15, and £5 on a booby prize for last place (fishing related prizes not cash)
    *Are there any basic rules i could put into practice
    *Ideas for prizes.....including booby prize (has to be the most stupid pathetic item avaliable.....for a 5er)
    *General ideas for the day
    Please bear in mind this is a bunch of serious fisherman having chuck about, not the world championships, so nothing to extreme
    Thanks
    Mark
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A dozen mates from work went on a boat trip, & i won a prize for the biggest fish, this was a fluffy great white shark that played the theme from jaws!!! thats got to qualify as a booby prize in my book! Phil.

Comment

Just get one of them Billy The Bass singing fish...
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
        Just get one of them Billy The Bass singing fish...
        bloody hell simon, 15 year ago maybe...lol not seen one for years
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I won a sleeve of three golf balls once for coming last in a knock up.
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Golf balls what a brilliant booby prize

Comment

wooden spoon for last place, always has been. Ask mickyda to donate one he has loads spare this year

Comment

I saw a guy get a fishing for begginers book for last place!

Comment

Originally posted by nick123
                  try some toilet paper and say ur CRAP
                  HA HA Yeh, I'd go with that!!!!
                  hurricane
                  Administrator
                  Last edited by hurricane; 21 October 2010, 02:06 PM. Reason: quote moderation.

Comment

im sure i posted on this somewhere

Comment

The last 2 years booby prize in our rugby club match have been a kiddies welly painted gold and mounted on a wood plaque , this years was a kids dummy painted and mounted same , great prizes.

Comment

Working...
                      X