Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Four secton pole match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four secton pole match

Hi all, have entered a four section only pole match, have done a couple of matches before but not this type, my question is what size elastic should I use, also line and hook size, these maybe very basic questions to you guys but I am very new to match fishing especially this one. Thanks for your time. Sorry not clear can only use four sections of the pole in total.
    Last edited by carpbagger; 8 October 2010, 07:06 PM.

what do u mean you can only use sections of pole or theres four different sections to the match

Comment

Sorry not clear, can only use four sections of the pole in total.
      Last edited by carpbagger; 8 October 2010, 07:08 PM.

Comment

what sort of fish your going for if its carp then you need a white hydro so they can run and the laccy can stretch if its silvers a no4 will do fish maggot catch everything

Comment

Whats the venue is it a commercial or is it a more natural pool where many species will come into play, we can then give you a few pointers.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
            Whats the venue is it a commercial or is it a more natural pool where many species will come into play, we can then give you a few pointers.
            Hi Brian, it's a commercial water with roach, tench, bream up to 3lb, and carp which go to about 10lb.
            Thanks for your time.

Comment

If carp are the most predominant species, I would look to set up a rig on a size 10 or 12 elastic set soft, line and hook size would be 0.14 to a 18 hook, or even use a doubled up 6 or 8 elastic which will improve the set up for the silvers, look to feed a few micro pellets and fish an expander over it. If silvers are likely to be the more predominant species scale down the elastic to a number 8 and line size to 0.12, again I would feed a few micros or a soft groundbait along with a few casters and try either pellet or caster on the hook. Keep the two lines separate by fishing one at 10 o clock and one at 2 o clock.
              A margin line is a must and could produce a lump or two late on in the match, which I would feed through out the match with pellet and corn, watch for signs of fish down the margin before giving it a go, or for others to start catching from the margin.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Hi Brian, thanks for that, will be putting into practise. Thanks again m8.

Comment

4 sections crazy sound like a good match ive heard of these in sweeden only never here, should be good. Remember to check the rules because if you can fish to hand it will give you a slight advantage if no one else has it in mind.
                  Im doing some floats for a guy in sweeden at the mo they fish 5-6mtr to hand for skimers and small carp on caster and the canals arnt that deep that they fish only 3to5ft. If it allowed have a practice because it can give you a great advantage make sure you set a few rigs up and find out what weight/pattern works best for you.

Also some places you can catch silvers shallow so even if you have a mtr of line from tip to float so you can flick it out will still give an advantage.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                  [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]" MY HANDMADE FLOAT SHOP "[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR="Black"][/COLOR][url]www.sackup-floats.co.uk[/url]

[COLOR="Red"]" SILICONE FLOAT TUBING NOW AVAILABLE CLEAR,STRONG BUT SOFT PM ME FOR DETAILS "[/COLOR]
                  [url]http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/tackle_sale/35000-float_silicone_tubing.html[/url]

Comment

Working...
                  X