Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

basics on match fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basics on match fishing

Ive never fished a match in my life but i hope to be getting into the matches soon.
    I dont have a clue really about it been told u get there get drawn a peg (dont know what that means) fish and go home.
    Any info on the match scene is appreciated.
    Cheers
    Connor
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Best advice is to go to the place you intend to fish and watch a few matches just to get the feel of things.....you will be surprised at the difference between pleasure fishing and match fishing.....3 words sum it up ...preparation....preparation....and preparation

Comment

if you want connor me and you could do one of the opens down toft there 10pound but will give you all the info and it is really fun to

Comment

Hi Connor,its rare for me to comment on topics that i dont engage in,but my advice would be to try to find a local club to join,fish a few matches and see how things work,its likely that you will not do too well to start with,but you will learn a fair bit,if you put in the effort and take note from the regular winners it shouldnt be long before you can advance and consider trying the odd open match,now ive only ever fished SMALL club matches,so anyone is entitled to say im talking tosh,but ive watched 2 events on a local water in the last 2 days,first was an open and the second was a club match,and the difference was amazing,not just the difference in the amount/quality of the the tackle but the approach and the tactics employed,start off in a small way and try to progrees or you are likely to become discouraged very quickly.Regards Peter.
        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Agree 100% with what Peter has just Posted
          The difference between Club fishing & Opens is Amazing
          Join a club learn Tactics ,Build your confidence & when you think you are ready Look for a few small opens on a venue that you know!!
          You would be suprised by the amount of Brilliant Club Anglers that never make it onto the Open Circuit
          For Many different reasons!!
          Learn to Walk before you try Running ,Because it will cost you a fortune it will Destroy your confidence ,when you inevitably fall Flat on your Face!!
          Colin

Comment

it took me 8yrs to move up from club match fishing to open match fishing the difference is colossal it cost me thousands of pounds learning the ropes but i kept going ive fished nationals,team champs on the nene,drennan winter league finals my advice is start at the bottom and join a pub club and learn the competative ropes first where not alot of money is needed to compete

Comment

Totally agree with what's been said so far. I was a very sesoned match angler for many years, nationals, winter leagues, regular opens sometimes 3 times a week.
              Then due to circumstances i had to take a break for the best part of 11 years and when i came back it was like a dfferent world.
              I had lads who i'd fished with for years telling me the score and showing me the ropes and it still took me a couple of years to become confident again in my own abillity.
              The open scene is dog eat dog mate, ease your way in slowly.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Thanks guys these are really good.
                Nick i dont think i ready for opens yet mate...
                I will go into local tackle shop and ask if there are any i can join
                [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
                [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
                [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
                [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

the local clubs near us are

braunston
                  crow pie
                  church lawford

but they are all on sundays m8 and we play footy i can have a word with rory seee wen he next down toft or banks and we could go watch him do it to gain knowledgable experience

Comment

dont you know of any pubs that have a fishing club cause they are usually saturdays so the lads can spend sundays with their other halves

Comment

all sunday near me that i no

Comment

Working...
                      X