Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Latex, hollows or solid elastics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latex, hollows or solid elastics?

Hi chaps,

Have just started using latex through my power tops on a Garbolino G60. Results so far have been pretty good, with carp up to 10lb+ from the margins.

I have only ever used solid elastics before, usually Preston Slip and have never even tried hollows at all.

What do you prefer to use and why?

Elastics

I use mainly hollow on commercials but i will use solid for silver fish in smaller sizes, i also use latex in 16 and 18 when fishing tight to snags to get the fish away quicker than when using hollow.

fishaholic
    [url]www.alltackledup.co.uk[/url] - coarse fishing information website for the South East of England.

[url]www.westmallinganglingonline.co.uk[/url]

Comment

i find i like solids for all my pole work.middy hi-viz.

Comment

i am using hi-viz middy elastics in open water at the mo i normally use black hydro but i was finding that i was losing a lot of fish, but i am falling in love this middy hi viz elastics you can play the fish a lot better and ship back better and faster to . i am using no 12 pink at the mo it's great, i also have garbolino solid latex elastics no12 in my top two's but i have not try them out yet & i think i also got 20 but i have not put it in my to tops just yet . i have 12 top two's and 10 top three and they are all mixed with all sorts of a elastics. i have one of my two's with Preston hollow in it that's not to bad but i have had it snap on me when fighting a fish . and five of my top two's with black hydro in them and two with red hydro. so for me it's if i am fishing a snag i will use black hydro or red hydro, to get them away from the snag it's better then useing the hi viz.. and in open water i will go for my hi viz no12 solid latex elastic. i must try the garbolino solid latex elastic i never get to set one of them up to give it a go but i must see what it's like......
        baging up art
        Talk Angling User
        Last edited by baging up art; 17 September 2007, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Specs, sorry to hijack your thread a little, but what is the garb G60 pole like, is it heavy or floppy at length, oh and by the way i use latex which i find is better all round and very rarely lose fish on it or get snapped!!
          thanks gary

Comment

Originally posted by ratneck
            Specs, sorry to hijack your thread a little, but what is the garb G60 pole like, is it heavy or floppy at length, oh and by the way i use latex which i find is better all round and very rarely lose fish on it or get snapped!!
            thanks gary

Hi Ratneck,

Only had the G60 since July and have only fished seriously with it a couple of times in club matches, so to be honest it's still early days. I've fished it up to 13m and at that length it's not heavy and certainly not floppy at all. As I said I had a carp of 10+lb out of the margins using it and never had any worries at all that it wasn't up to the job, so it seems strong enough for me.

When I bought it and set it up at full length at the tackle shop it was very manageable in terms of weight - even an old un like me found I could at least hold it comfortably at that length - very little sag at full 16m.

Of course actually fishing with it at 16m (it's actually 16.4 with the match top on) will be another thing altogether - and looking at the venues we've got lined up it's going to be a while until I need to go that long.

There was a full review of the pole by John Arthur in (I think) Advanced Pole Fishing a couple of months ago, which I think may still be on the www.matchfishingmagazine. or advancedpolefishing.com site if you're interested.

Good luck,

Specs

Comment

thanks specs, might take a look at that for the price it seems good!
              Thanks
              Gary

Comment

Working...
              X