Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pole shotting patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pole shotting patterns

hi

thought id ask does it matter where you put shot when making a pole rig as noticed with alot of pre made ones all shot is near bottom or halfway and not next to float as you do on a normal rod or is it down to personal preference

i dont think it really matters... but i spose at least if the line crimps while applying shot its easy to snip the end bit off
    Last edited by Larry Teepot; 20 September 2007, 05:57 PM.

Comment

beasty dont know whati did mate hope i aint altered your post....Phil are you on about patterns or just applying the shot to the line?
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot
        beasty dont know whati did mate hope i aint altered your post....Phil are you on about patterns or just applying the shot to the line?
        both really i bought some ready made rigs and all shot was near hooklength where i usually put some near float too just wanted to know if i was doing something wrong

Comment

with a waggler set up about 70% of the shot should be under the float..the rest just about a 2 thirds of the down and then maybe a couple of droppers..i like to see the float settle and then the dropper shots settle as well if they don't its a fish..with a top and bottom float you can spread it like shirt buttons or have a bulk low down nearer the hook length and a couple of droppers......but all this is affected by flow....or tow its really an art form..but well worth playing around with till you feel confident of a few patterns....then play around some more.....every day is different and most times you shotting will be different.but its the same for everyone we all have to learn.....hope that ain't put you off
          In darkness we do what we can
          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot
            with a waggler set up about 70% of the shot should be under the float..the rest just about a 2 thirds of the down and then maybe a couple of droppers..i like to see the float settle and then the dropper shots settle as well if they don't its a fish..with a top and bottom float you can spread it like shirt buttons or have a bulk low down nearer the hook length and a couple of droppers......but all this is affected by flow....or tow its really an art form..but well worth playing around with till you feel confident of a few patterns....then play around some more.....every day is different and most times you shotting will be different.but its the same for everyone we all have to learn.....hope that ain't put you off

no not at all mate catch a bit with way i shot floats now just wondered if made any difference thats all

Comment

Phil, with a pole rig, the shot wants to be near the bottom, to get the hook bait down to the bottom. There is no casting with a pole, so all you want is it to get down quick.
              90% about a foot away from the bottom, and a dropper shot in between, that you can move if needed. (all no 8 shot which are lead)

Comment

Working...
              X