Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

chuffed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chuffed!!

took the opportunity to fish a club match today at Border fisheries match lake, despite the cold weather i was looking forward to it!! the cold weather put people off so only 9 paid up and duly fished for 5hours in mixed conditions, i was on peg 15 a noted hot peg in the summer but not so much in the winter, to cut a long story short i finished 3rd in my 2nd match for over 15years!!! started on the pole at 11m for an hour with not a touch, switched to the straight lead and over the course of 3hours proceeded to put 2 small carp in the net having lost 4fish with one scrapper double amongst them at the net last hour i thought i would give the pole line ago again, was flicking pellets out all match.. 6mm expander and 1st chuck is a skimmer.. despite having to wait for the bites i took a further 4 carp and lost 2more due to laccy being too tight finished up with
    20lb 8oz for 3rd hard work but learnt some new tactics from the bloke next door on peg 13 who won (and wins nearly every week) he had 48lb of carp on the straight lead with 8mm banded and a small pva bag of 4mm pellets.. v interesting

thought i would share it with you!
    for all your carp fishing in the North West visit [url]www.northwestcarp.co.uk/forums[/url] :)

congrat

Comment

Hi Rich.
      well done, good result.
      did you use one of them pole floats i gave you.
      nice one.
      all the best steve.

Comment

Well done chesh,good result,mate ;-)
        Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
        X