Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Club rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club rules

Hi,does anyone who is a member of a fishing club have any penaltys for people not turning up to club meetings.We are a small club with 15 members and are constnatly changing the days to suit members then they cant be bothered to turn up.We was looking at docking a point from their total.Do you have any suggestions??
    Don't you just love it when your daughter kicks your ass:o

don't penalise those who don't turn up, they will leave the club ,therefore you won't have a club for long, easiest way is to reward those that do attend, ie; give them an extra point or a free pint .
    not all people who join clubs are into attending meetings and helping to run things ,that is a fact of life and I know from experience is something you need to accept,
    Barnards Green A/C

Comment

Yeah i can see what you are saying but its the same faces that dont come.They all live within 1/2 a mile from the pub were we have them.they ask for the days they can make it then dont turn up,so annoying.Then our club secutary will get phone calls when was this changed when was that changed,attend the meetings and find out.
      Thanks for your views tho

Comment

i all so fish for a club of fifthteen we get so much peg money up front at the start of the season off the members then the rest half way through,we still get people not turning up but at least we dont have there peg fees to pay for.
        you will find that,because they have paid already that they very rarely miss.

Comment

We dont take any money up front we just pay £10 a fortnight

Comment

you should get it front then they would not miss or very rarely only way to stop it i think any way

Comment

No mate think we got our wires crossed.I am on about the fortnightly meeting not the matches,i think if they payed up front no one would turn up for meetings.We have a rule that if you are'nt up to day with subs you dont fish the match.

Comment

got you mate

Comment

why do you have a meeting every fortnight???
                  In darkness we do what we can
                  In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

We have one every fortnight to pay subs and give match rules out.Meeting is on thursday match on sunday.It only lasts an hour ish,and it puts money behind the bar.

Comment

i help run a small club 25 members we have two meetings a year the small niggly issues are usually ironed out before a match ......the less meetings the smoother the club runs
                      Rough Hay A C

Comment

Wen do you pay your subs then,in the morn of the match??

Comment

an excuse to get down the pub,bet if u ask eveyone,s mrs,they think its for 4 hrs lol,like it

Comment

Originally posted by jaybagpuss View Post
                            Hi,does anyone who is a member of a fishing club have any penaltys for people not turning up to club meetings.We are a small club with 15 members and are constnatly changing the days to suit members then they cant be bothered to turn up.We was looking at docking a point from their total.Do you have any suggestions??
                            You should have a AGM to pick you match sec, chairman, etc, pick match dates etc, and bar anything going wrong that should be the only meeting you need.
                            [URL]http://talkangling.co.uk/fishing/tackle-sale/61600-high-quality-chianti-style-handmade-pole-floats-0-2-0-7-a.html[/URL]

Comment

Hi Mate

I ve been running a club for 20 plus years now, we had the same problem, so now what we do and this was agreed by all members at our AGM, is unless they pull out due to a family emergency we charge them £5 for pegging fees they should have paid, and they are all happy with that.
                              We also are a small club with 25 members, we get on average 10 - 12 most matches, so some of the waters we hire do cost a bit.
                              We have a meeting every Tuesday before a match, to catch up on who's going and where to meet, plus any bait bans.
                              We do not have any home waters, and this is what keeps the membership down.
                              I know many club secretary,s like myself, who are going over to charging a bigger joining fee, and just pay a pool on the day, but as a small club we cant afford to do that.
                              We pay £10 pegging fee, or £5 pegging fee on a free stretch, with £2 sections and £8 pools, so the more that comes out the bigger the pay out.
                              Hope This helps.
                              If you need any more advice just drop us a line.

All The Best

Terry Swan
                              Ealing Anglings Match Secretary

Comment

Working...
                              X