Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Xmas Open Match -Blyton Ponds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas Open Match -Blyton Ponds

Hello all,
    I'm a new member to the site. Just thought some of you might be interested in our Xmas open match being held at Blyton Ponds near Gainsborough on Sunday 5th December, tickets are £12.50 per person and everyone gets a prize which can be anything from a weekend holiday in one of our caravans to a packet of biscuits. You can find out all about it by visiting our website www.blytonponds.co.uk. Hope to meet some of you then, Angela.

I would be a lot more interested if it was Xmas day! What type of fishing is it there, size of fish, size of lake, best methods and baits?

Comment

moon lake xmas day you win it every year.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter5252 View Post
        moon lake xmas day you win it every year.
        Only because he's the only one there.
        Behind a successful man is a good woman, behind an unsuccessful man is the other woman.

Comment

We've got 4 smallish ponds, 17,17,15 & 12 peg. Good mixed fishery with Carp to 27lb, commons, mirrors and ghosties. Chub to 6lb, roach to 2lb, perch (biggest recorded out to me is 3lb 12oz). barbel to 6lb, bream, tench, orfe and even goldfish, koi and orfe, so as you can see its a good variety with some nice specimens. Pole is good to fish to the islands and float and waggler to the margins. Luncheon meat and pellet is producing well at the moment. Anyone fancy a dabble on Xmas day we're open and free to fish on that day only, other than that it's £6.00 per person for 2 rods. We've also got an excellent cafe on site for a full english or even just a sarnie and hot drink. Why don't you take a look at the website I Fishing Holidays I Lincolnshire I UK I Blyton PondsI

Comment

Thanks! Might take you up on that offer! So, can you reach the island on all lakes with pole?

Comment

We are not on about Nathans special Christmas match again are we! Are you hoping to get a few (or another) angler to fish it this year chap!
              Simon Young
              Admin
              Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
              web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Always try mate! You fancy it??????????/

Comment

Working...
                X