Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

first match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first match

so i have switched to match fishing in the last year and next sunday i am fishing my first match. only a club match and been told big head of roach.... bit of a silly question but if im predominantley catching roach of say half a pound and then catch a biggest perch. is it deemed ok to put it in the same keepnet?

Yep fine mate.
    One keepnet for silvers, one for carp.
    The perch will be too stressed to eat.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Andy, yes chap... silver and smaller fish in same net.. ie tench bream roach. the only time to use 2 nets is for carp on commercials (where rules say to) as when you put 4-8lb carp in the same net and bring your net in at the end they tend to roll on the smaller fish and stun/kill them.

some places dont mind 1 net, some say no fish over a certain weight in net at all.

As a rule all silvers in 1 net.

Good luck

Comment

even if the perch do eat the smaller roach you will still get the weight
        [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
        [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

cheers guys.great result for the toon today. might be seeing you next year

Comment

My roach are bigger than the carp yes its ok go for it. one a chuck KKINGFISHERS.jpg
            [URL]http://talkangling.co.uk/fishing/tackle-sale/61600-high-quality-chianti-style-handmade-pole-floats-0-2-0-7-a.html[/URL]

Comment

Working...
            X