Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Good Canals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Canals

Hi, i am from Birmingham
    and i am looking to start fishing canals does any one know of any good canals to fish in the Birmingham area ???
    [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
    Guess who is back...
    [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

You're in luck mate, me and a lot of the lads on here are from the west mids and fish the cut a lot. Good stretches at the stirrup cup, other sections on the fazely, lots in town, but there are lads on here will be able to tell you more about specific stretches.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

They have matches on a sunday at selly oak which isnt too far for you.Its hard but if you draw then you could do ok.Me and larry teapot have stretches but we dont operate in the winter as we dont bother with B&j matches.If you can fish the worm then woodhouse runs some big opens and leagues etc,hes only in the black country[i think walsall way]If you know olton[near solihul]its the grand union,its a nice scenic stretch,we lease it,so have a free day down there.The match record is 22.5lb of skimmers and roach,pleasure fishing can be very good.If you want to go some time then let me or larry teapot[peter]know and we will give you directions.The breadpunch works well this time of year.We have a spring league which starts about the beginning of april.
      cornerstone.

Comment

thanks cornerstone
        Guess who is back...
        [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Bilston ac winter league starts this Sunday, ten matches last one in feb i think

Comment

Steve. i think they finish either at the end of march or beginning of April same as last year.I know they were struggling to get bloodworm for thier last couple of matches.

Comment

just looked at sheet last match is 9th march at Penderford

Comment

we are both wrong then.

Comment

SO any way if you no a good canal please type it in
                  Guess who is back...
                  [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Grand Union....Staffs Worcester...Stratford...worcester....coventry.faze ley.. and my favorite canal where i had all my 100lb plus bags is ulveston canal some proper fish in there
                    In darkness we do what we can
                    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

some good pegs on the Dudley canal. Theres a stretch in halesowen at the back of Makro, a stretch halfway down Waterfall Lane in Rowley Regis, a good stretch at the bottom of Powke Lane in Rowley too by where the Neptune used to be, theres also a decent stretch in Netherton and I also fish the Marina up the Waterfront in Brierley Hill that holds some cracking fish roach, perch skimmers on the pole and some really good bream if you fish the feeder, ive also had carp too 9lb... Hope this helps
                      :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
                      [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Comment

thanks lee helps alot
                        Guess who is back...
                        [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

the stretch by the oak in pelsal just past the fingerpost ad some crackin days up ther

Comment

Originally posted by si cooper
                            the stretch by the oak in pelsal just past the fingerpost ad some crackin days up ther
                            What was the Oak pub (now Fingerpost pub) down to Freeths Bridge (101 pegs) at Lower Farm/Fishley is now controlled by Cashmores AC who took the lease on this summer

Season tickets are available a snip at £5 - anyone interested pm me
                            Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

i still dont know were you are on about
                              Guess who is back...
                              [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X