Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Brolly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brolly

I'm in the market for a new brolly, who can recommend a really good wind proof one. I notice some of the older ones on the banks curve downwards a lot more than the newer ones which I'm guessing makes it a lot harder for the older ones to blow inside out.

Also, anyone recommend a good meat cutter in the 1/8 to 1/4inch range.
    There must some decent ones out there for less than the £45 ones I've seen advertised.

Thanks

P.s. I'm not tight just careful how I spend

Tilley meat cutter £25 plus post from e bay mate very good had mine a few seasons with no problems very well made,also comes with spare wire.

eBay.co.uk - tilley meat cutter, Fishing, Sporting Goods items at low prices

Don't know abot brollys as i don't use them.
    Roll on friday

Comment

Thanks very much mate,
      Been looking on ebay but knowing what tatt you can end up with thought I try for a recommendation first - which you've just provided
      (got £100 credit on Paypal at the mo so seems a shame not to spend it )

Comment

i know of a good umbrella its called the Fox oval at £55 its not cheap but its damn good
        [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
        Guess who is back...
        [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
        [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
          Just checked it out on Google but unfortunately it looks as though it's the wide type (like the Tournament Shield... had one & sold it !).. says it 245cm wide which it 8 foot. I'm looking for a basic 45-50inch round brolly but a good quality one.... would pay £55 for one if it's the muts nuts as they say.
          I want one that will only need pegging down in the worst of the winds. And favourite at the mo is the Daiwa deluxe 50 inch in black... anyone got one & tested it on a very windy day ? would be very interested to know how it stood up to any strong gusts.

Thanks

Comment

if your looking for a basic brolly 45-50 inch in my opinion they are all the same! do you put it in the ground or do you have a arm from your box for it because if you do then just buy any brolly it will hold in bad winds..
            Guess who is back...
            [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

waterline brolly paid 65 for mine realy light weight an strong you wont be disapointed

Comment

My friend has got a octoplus umbrella says he loves it not sure on price thou
                Guess who is back...
                [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                X