Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The Choice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Choice

    Hi,

    What are people's opinion or prefered method on connecting the rig to the pole.

    Dacron
    Crows foot
    Plactic connectors

    I Like the crows foot myself as its quiet,but connecting the rig to it and taking it off annoys me from time to time,so i am thinking of changing to the plastic connectors but the noise of them can be annoying.

    Cheers
    Brendan
    [URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/match_fishing_talk_angling_chat.html?nojs=1#goto_forumsearch"]A Brilliant little function[/URL]

  • #2
    i use a crows foot made with dental floss.....works for me....but i have also be known to pike fish with fish fingers.....i have caught on both methods
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BRENDAN
      Hi,

      What are people's opinion or prefered method on connecting the rig to the pole.

      Dacron
      Crows foot
      Plactic connectors

      I Like the crows foot myself as its quiet,but connecting the rig to it and taking it off annoys me from time to time,so i am thinking of changing to the plastic connectors but the noise of them can be annoying.

      Cheers
      Brendan
      Sorry to be thick mate... but what noise ?
      (P.s. to answer the question - I have only used stonfo's so far so can't compare.... quiet stonfo's though)

      Comment


      • #4
        If your having trouble taking your rig off then make sure you tie two loops, A big loop with a knot about 1/2'' from the top, then put it on your conector like you would fasten elastic bands together.By the way I use dacron.
        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

        Comment


        • #5
          I used to use crows foot on everything. I've recently started using fly backing (like dacron) on elastics up to a number 6, and I find it nice and tidy, after a few concerns about it's strength I'm confident in it now.

          For carp elastics I still use crows foot, as I dont think you have to worry about the line cutting in, and I certainly wouldnt recommend using stonfos. Imagine it flying back towards your 2000 quid pole at 100 miles an hour after you've pulled out of a fish with 15 foot of black hydro propelling it....
          [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by davidwhittington
            I used to use crows foot on everything. I've recently started using fly backing (like dacron) on elastics up to a number 6, and I find it nice and tidy, after a few concerns about it's strength I'm confident in it now.....
            Can you explain how you tie the backing to the line. I know nothing about fly fishing gear. Sorry.

            Brendan
            [URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/match_fishing_talk_angling_chat.html?nojs=1#goto_forumsearch"]A Brilliant little function[/URL]

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by davidwhittington
              I certainly wouldnt recommend using stonfos. Imagine it flying back towards your 2000 quid pole at 100 miles an hour after you've pulled out of a fish with 15 foot of black hydro propelling it....

              'Gulp' ... fk me I never thought about that..... time for a rethink.

              Comment


              • #8
                Andys Angle - Fishings Number 1 resource for unbiased opinions
                [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

                Comment


                • #9
                  i always use "plastic connectors" for my carp fishing simply because im used to it and its what im confident with hope it helps
                  [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
                  Guess who is back...
                  [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
                  [/COLOR][/FONT]

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X