Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydro

does any one here fish with hydro elastic and if so what are your impressions of it.

is it worth the money?

im looking to buy them all so any downsides
    [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
    Guess who is back...
    [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Never used hydro either, but Preston hollow this weekend & wasn't impressed. Might have just been because I wasn't used to it, most people who have used the hydro stuff seem to like it.
    There was a good article on elastics by Darren Cox in the Sept Match Fishing mag.

Comment

the black hdro is fantastic for fishing shallow for carp 1lb to 5lb
      I use the red for all margin fishing for carp 3lb upto big doubles with no problems I cut the hydro into 2 and use dacron on a adjusta bung so price wize its not bad value lasts ages

torchwood
      TORCHWOODTACKLE.COM

Comment

Originally posted by torchwood
        the black hdro is fantastic for fishing shallow for carp 1lb to 5lb
        I use the red for all margin fishing for carp 3lb upto big doubles with no problems I cut the hydro into 2 and use dacron on a adjusta bung so price wize its not bad value lasts ages

torchwood
        TORCHWOODTACKLE.COM
        I can only recipricate what Torchwood has said, this elastic is fantastic and no I dont have anything to do with Diawa. All my kits are done with hydro, match kits with grey power kits with black this is very versatile as Torchy says it lands a wide range of fish very comfortable, I also have the red in a power top and have had some good carp on it and it really does hold them back. I too split the elastic and get two kits out of it, but remember to tie the ends of to stop the liquid from seeping out. No need to lubricate this will only serve to gather dust and restrict the elastic, just dip it in the water prior to fishing.
        Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
        ><((((?>
        .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Have you tried any other hollow elastics by any chance ? - just wondered how they compared ?

Ian

Comment

Hydro is the best thing since sliced bread in my opinion. You get two top kits from each spool so financially it's no more expensive than some of the other elastics. I would stress however that unless you are using a margin pole rated to 20 + then red hydro is a little strong. The brown is more suited to a broom handle approach. Black grey and purple are the ones you should be aiming for.
            Les
            Garbolino Super Legion - a great pole - it is for me anyway

Comment

how much do you get sorry 5m?

and how do you tie the end?
              Guess who is back...
              [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

All my power top kits witch is 12 of them i have got is mixed elastics... i have got black hydro and purple and red hydro. and i have one of my power top kits with Preston hollow in it, i never get a round to using that one yet. but at the mo i have been using in one of my power top kit is middy hi viz no 12 and that a very nice elastic with a lot of stretch to it and i like. in my match kits it is also mixed elastics, i have garbolino elastic no12 and middy hi viz elastics but just can not remember all the elastic sizes, because i have got a lot of them and they are all good... it not just the a elastic or the name of it but what you fill confeident with. the elastic is only as good as the person who is using it.. it the same with line you know how much power you can give it,,, for me i have so many top kits that it would cost me a arm and a leg to kit them out with hydro that why i have a mixed elastic and not just keeping to one make....

Comment

Originally posted by baging up art
                  All my power top kits witch is 12 of them i have got is mixed elastics... i have got black hydro and purple and red hydro. and i have one of my power top kits with Preston hollow in it, i never get a round to using that one yet. but at the mo i have been using in one of my power top kit is middy hi viz no 12 and that a very nice elastic with a lot of stretch to it and i like. in my match kits it is also mixed elastics, i have garbolino elastic no12 and middy hi viz elastics but just can not remember all the elastic sizes, because i have got a lot of them and they are all good... it not just the a elastic or the name of it but what you fill confeident with. the elastic is only as good as the person who is using it.. it the same with line you know how much power you can give it,,, for me i have so many top kits that it would cost me a arm and a leg to kit them out with hydro that why i have a mixed elastic and not just keeping to one make....

you have 12 top kits i thort i was good with 7 hehe.
                  i used to used middy hi-viz 14-16 that had lots of stretch and i used to love it but i could never land fish over 9lb with it witch wasnt very good, and it needed changing every season as it would rot
                  Guess who is back...
                  [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

yes you are right it doz stretch but i have not had that problem with bigger fish. i was having a problem with the black hydro were the fish was bumping off..well carp of 3 to 4LB that was putting up a good fight, hydro is OK if you got good size carp on but when the carp are smaller it not so good. i was trying this hi viz to see if i did not lose any more fish, and it worked the nice thing was i could get the pole back a lot faster with out losing the fish of 3 to 4LB. that was good my catch rate went up the nice thing is that hi viz is a very soft elastic and it got a lot of give. so even if you are catching carp and you start getting silvers you get the silvers in with out losing them. that the good thing about hi viz to black hydro, i am not saying that hydro is no good it very good for the bigger carp........

Comment

thanks bagging up art helps alot.
                      But i have a strange problem
                      when i use expensive elastic im not so confident because i feel i might break it for some reason but when i use cheep elastic say maver match &#163;3 i fell confident and play the fish alot better so im in a bit of a problem
                      Guess who is back...
                      [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

no you will not break the elastic not black hydro, you will break the pole or top kit before you break the elastic. well that's if you are using hydro or the expensive ones that is . but if you feel confident with the elastic you are using then stay with it if you are fending it a lot better......

Comment

ok thanks but the elastic im using has come to the end of its life but im gona buy black hydro with a pull bung i decided
                          Guess who is back...
                          [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

good choice top product 3 meters will do 2 top kits and will last ages

torchwood

TORCHWOODTACKLE.COM

Comment

thanks torchwood i have got white hydro and black hydro now but i snapped my white hydro grrrrrr
                              Guess who is back...
                              [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X