Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pole advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pole advice

hi,i have not long started fishing and could do with some advice to see if i could have done anything different,i have recently got a beastmaster margin pole which is elasticated with size 12,i have had carp to 8lb on this pole and have landed them ok,but i was at tunnel barn last saturday and hooked a fish which i just could not land, 25 minutes i played it for, but sadly it got away from me

try fitting a number 14/16 latex thru you top kit and double up the last foot, this will give some extra security if you hit another "submarine" After all a margin pole is aimed at fishing for the big uns so gear up accordingly, I use a red hydro thru mine.

Comment

i agree with steve get a 14/16 latex from you tackle shop this will help you land the bigger fish
      [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
      Guess who is back...
      [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
      [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

if i get bigger elastic would you just go for a top two and how would you double up the last foot?

Comment

Start be threading your elastic through the bung and then tie a big loop! Ithink the knot is a double overhand loop pulled tight!
          John - Kingfisher
          Talk Angling Senior Member
          Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

but if its expensive elastic save it don't waste it tight git
            [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
            Guess who is back...
            [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
            [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
            X