Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

What Winds You up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Winds You up

Olivette and float sizes

Years ago tackle companys used to make olivettes going up in 0.1gr sizes all the way up to 3.0gr now anything bigger than a gram goes up in 0.25gr therefore if you have say a 1.5gr float you have to use a 1.25 gr olivette with 0.25gr of shot when i only need a couple of droppers, why cant tackle companies recognise this and make floats in sizes such as 1.35 gr ,1.6gr ,1.85 gr or go back to more sizes of olivettes
    I want an end peg

Would make life a lot easier, especially when you buy a new float. Having said that some companies do state the weight on the float so stick with that manufacturer (I will).

While we're on the subject, does everybody rate/use olivettes ? I hadn't bothered with them much until this year but have found that I quite like them, so intend using them mre often .

Comment

Yes most companies state the weight on the floats but like olivetts they also increase in 0.25gr increments
      I want an end peg

Comment

i have some preston olivetts i have all the sizes but they dont work even with a 1.0g pole float i put on 1.0g olivett and it sinks the float completely
        [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
        Guess who is back...
        [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
        [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Why on earth would you shot a 1g float with a 1g olivette?

You have a long way to go mate.
          [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Weight's on any floats have only ever been rough guides, but in this day & age it should be possible to be a little more precise
            I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
            He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Originally posted by MattMatchMan
              i have some preston olivetts i have all the sizes but they dont work even with a 1.0g pole float i put on 1.0g olivett and it sinks the float completely
              I'm no expert mate but I tend to go for about 75% olivette to float weight, i.e. 0.8g float / 0.6g olivette - leaves room to add a bit of shot further down the line..... I had read that somewhere as well.

Comment

Originally posted by davidwhittington
                Why on earth would you shot a 1g float with a 1g olivette?

You have a long way to go mate.

i was trying to prove a point lol no i dont fish with 1 olivette on my rig i have 2

but on a serious note i dont use them at all only brought them to see what they were like i just use shot and stotz
                [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
                Guess who is back...
                [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
                [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                X