Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Dosapiombo !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dosapiombo !

Never heard of them til this morning while browsing the tackle shops [I]on line[I] .
    It's a ploe float shotting gadget - any one got one or used one & would you recommend them ?
    Clocks go back tonight & I need a new toy for the long evenings ..... sad I know

I have one and use it quite often onetip that you will need to know is that when shoting a float up in say a coke bottle with the top cut off as i do remember that the surface area of water is less than where you will be fishing and the water tension is greater therefore more shot will be required in the coke bottle than say the canal resulting in over shoting one easy way to overcome this is to put a drop of washing up liquid in the water and this wil reduce the surface tension givig you more accuracy
    I want an end peg

Comment

had one for about 20 years they work fine on bigger stuff but i always use a wide neck recipticle to shot my floats for the cut...
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Why not use a 2 gallon bucket, you will find that the shotting works out perfectly on all but wire bristled floats.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

I only use wire bristled floats
          I want an end peg

Comment

Originally posted by jay411
            I only use wire bristled floats
            Then you know that they often need an adjustment to suit the conditions on the day.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Your absolutly right but most of my adjustments can be made with different amounts of bristle grease and not adding or removing shot
              I want an end peg

Comment

ive had one for about 6 months now i think they are grate no problems at all.
                [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
                Guess who is back...
                [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
                [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Good replies/reviews all round.... looks like another item for my christmas list.... if I can wait til then........

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian.B
                    Good replies/reviews all round.... looks like another item for my christmas list.... if I can wait til then........

Thanks everyone.

HEHE i want to sit on santas lap this year
                    Guess who is back...
                    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

These gadgets are top ...BUT ...like has been mentioned why not just use a bucket?
                      In my shed i just have a cut down coke bottle , i thread my float on the line secure it with 3 short pieces of silicone tubing and squeeze on the shot for the style of float im using .
                      When its more or less right i move the float and shot up the line a foot or so to get past where a squeezed my shot on and cut the damaged length off.
                      Please God...let me win the lottery:rolleyes:

Comment

that is top advice both ways work so its up to you to choose
                        Guess who is back...
                        [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

I bought a glass vase in Poundland Which is about 5" in dia. x 14/15" deep.
                          Ideal for shotting my floats. I put the float with its rubbers in the groove and tighten it up. I put it in the water and add shot until the float is sitting right.
                          I then remove it, put the shot one side and then make up my pole rig!

Comment

Working...
                          X