Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Someone saved my pole today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone saved my pole today...

what a day, chucking some maggots in, so i'd put my pole on the rod rests as i was getting near the end of today's session. as the maggots left my hand i heard zzzzzzzzzzz , turned my head to see my pole air-born around 20 yards out then land & coast off.
    my worst nightmare, my pole's special to me, anyway a fellow angler who was using feeder rods, followed the pole all the way round the lake while i setup another feeder rod ready to attempt a rescue, i am very lucky because the guy caught the pole & bought it in with only the pole rig bust. one of the match fishermen on the lake pulled the pole in & emptied a whole load of water out of it, he said it was really lucky that it hadn't sunk.

that's me being extra carefull from now on. cheers to the fella that saved me pole

hehe you need to practice holding the pole and catapulting at the same time
    [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
    Guess who is back...
    [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by MattMatchMan
      hehe you need to practice holding the pole and catapulting at the same time
      it's your fault that i had a misshap with the pole never had a problem till you mentioned it mite have become weak with age or rotted

Comment

hahah ok blame me every one else does.
        [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
        Guess who is back...
        [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
        [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
        X