Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timing

does anyone stick to a time when fishing their lines or is it just guesstimation? i try to but always forget to move when i start catching ( if only ha ). i try to have 5 or 10 mins per line and then move, in a match i try to have 3 or 4 and a margin swim,

Yes I do, I always stick to around 5 mins, While feeding up the other swims, Then switch. This way, Case you are constantly feeding different areas you have much more of a chance hitting on each swim. But all depends on the location you draw at, I been on some pegs where you have not got that much room so shifting is quite hard so your limited.

As you mentioned though, Yes if you are catching keep at the same point, But keep feeding the others often but little, This way if you have a point where nothing is happening you can always shift to the other. Good places I stick to the margin, Then 8mtr out, then 14mtr out.
    [B][I][COLOR="Red"]There is no point trying if your afraid of losing[/COLOR][/I][/b]

Comment

i only switch swim if bites dry up or a see signs of fish
      [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
      Guess who is back...
      [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
      [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

thanks, so how do you keep to the times matchgaz, do you keep looking at you,re watch or do you just have a feel for the time ? my prob is remembering ( maybe its age....! )

Comment

Originally posted by rob.ff
          thanks, so how do you keep to the times matchgaz, do you keep looking at you,re watch or do you just have a feel for the time ? my prob is remembering ( maybe its age....! )
          Ha ha.... not just me then....
          'I'll just give it a few more seconds then I'll try something different....'

Comment

i have watched some masters at feeding...and come to the conclusion (and had it confirmed by masters watching me ) that i dont feed often enough, not talking amounts but a constant falling of Squat or hemp (or any bait for that matter )is the answer.i used to use a timer that beeped every what ever i set it at i used to catch more prolifically then than i do now. So i have actually reverted back to the timer and found that i am catching for longer which is what its about. The timer may seem extreme but for me it works .The last couple of seasons were a big leaning curve for me there are times when i pulled my hair out at my attempts at fishing commercials So my second major change is to fish the peg the way i feel it should be fished and not listen to the so called local/resident experts its not been easy to try and blank my mind from what i hear..but i am back to my old self and believe i can catch from any peg so my conclusion is..if you get the feeding right you will catch fish.The quantity is down to your skill..........wow thats all a bit profound for me
            In darkness we do what we can
            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

thanks for that everyone.... especialy mr teepot..... wow.. thats one of the most in depth answers i,ve read i think.. cheers all

Comment

what a good answer tea pot
                my advice to the new commer about feeding is feed often and the fish will move in that is my principle of fishing well the main point!!
                [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
                Guess who is back...
                [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
                [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

the first lesson i got taught as a junior was you never stop feeding and i was told "if you've stopped feeding you've stopped fishing" so regardless of time of year or venue keep it going in . like the oracle says its knowing how much is the hard bit.
                  the carrot bites back:D
                  ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Working...
                  X