Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

How much???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much???

What do you think it costs you to fish a match??

Just an average knock about taking everything into account, fuel, bait etc

Steve

About £40 minimum if its a commercial, a bit cheaper if its a canal
    :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
    [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Comment

I match fish Cudmore in Staffs and i live an 3/4 of an hours drive away in Stockport and my cost is roughly &#163;30-35 thats match fees,bait and petrol.

If i fish local canal matches then &#163;15-20.
      Please God...let me win the lottery:rolleyes:

Comment

I fish a few different venues and the average costs are pools £15, transport £15, Breakfast £5, bait £8 and consumables £5. So on average a total cost of £48.

I have been picking up an average of £75 every other match since last march so overall i nearly break even.
        Steve Davies

Comment

in summer about &#163;50-60 in winter about &#163;30 i normally only fish comercials

Comment

commercial &#163;15-20 match fee &#163;20 bate free petrol
            [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
            Guess who is back...
            [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
            [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

price

what a discussion just had end of year meeting and :some: lads there moaning about paying £60-70 for a years fishing on 11 venues,prize money 1st £30 2nd £203rd £10,presentation night with 10 beer tickets per man,and trophies.ok small monies but for a club with 15 members not bad i think.to break it down = approx £5.88 per match not inc bait,fuel.not bad i think. if they went pleasure fishing i said approx £30-40 so i think they have a good deal. ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr hate em
              a pint of johns and a bag of planters please:D:D

Comment

Similar to how our club used to be, probably £10-£15 per match inc basic bait.
                Entry fees kept going up though & now the club is no more....
                Sad thing was the better anglers who tended to make the top three most matches were never satisfied with the payouts & tended to forget that the majority of small club anglers turn up for a days fishing & a bit of banter... they didn't expect to be in the payout but turned up all the same... & without them you don't have a club.
                But alas they have found out the hardway that these people aren't fools... they don't complain they just drop out of the club.

It's only my opinion but I think if you get to the stage where you're out fishing your fellow club anglers it's time for you to move on to greater challenges.. don't ruin the club for the rest by introducing one or two better anglers it just upsets the balance of the club.... I speak from experience ! (& NO, I wasn't one of the few who always made the payout).

Comment

Originally posted by Ian.B View Post
                  Similar to how our club used to be, probably £10-£15 per match inc basic bait.
                  Entry fees kept going up though & now the club is no more....
                  Sad thing was the better anglers who tended to make the top three most matches were never satisfied with the payouts & tended to forget that the majority of small club anglers turn up for a days fishing & a bit of banter... they didn't expect to be in the payout but turned up all the same... & without them you don't have a club.
                  But alas they have found out the hardway that these people aren't fools... they don't complain they just drop out of the club.

It's only my opinion but I think if you get to the stage where you're out fishing your fellow club anglers it's time for you to move on to greater challenges.. don't ruin the club for the rest by introducing one or two better anglers it just upsets the balance of the club.... I speak from experience ! (& NO, I wasn't one of the few who always made the payout).
                  How true Ian , but those that ruined the club dont care they just move on and ruin the next club, they are without doubt too full of winning matches to even notice. It is no coincidence that my clubs best attended match is the Fur and Feather where everyone gets a prize.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

every body gets a prize at fur n feather looking good Lee that a a very good idea thou it takes some of the competition out of it
                    Guess who is back...
                    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
                      How true Ian , but those that ruined the club dont care they just move on and ruin the next club, they are without doubt too full of winning matches to even notice. It is no coincidence that my clubs best attended match is the Fur and Feather where everyone gets a prize.
                      You're right Brian, they don't notice - or they do notice the club going downhill but won't acknowledge their part in it.
                      In fairness to them it wasn't done on purpose, they are good anglers & needed to step up in competetion without trying to drag the club with them.

Having said that the pleasure-match anglers never really minded the same few winning every match... it was expected. It's only when club annual subs & the cost of the match on the day kept rising that people dropped out.
                      Shame... now like Leetwin our club has folded.

Ian

Comment

commercial maybe &#163;40-&#163;50
                        canal &#163;15 max

Comment

i can still fish for just the price of the ticket...bread is coppers......petrol if i stay in Brum is also coppers.......so &#163;11 for a ticket and pennies for a pleasure session
                          In darkness we do what we can
                          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

a pleasure session on the local free canal sets me back &#163;2-3 if that

Comment

Originally posted by Hawley1990 View Post
                              a pleasure session on the local free canal sets me back £2-3 if that
                              what bate do you use?
                              Guess who is back...
                              [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X