Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

F1's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1's

Hi guys just wandering on hw u all aproach these fickle fish. Wats ur tatics on pellet fishing for F1's eg floats hook shotting pattern ect or any other unique tricks u may have up ur sleeves. Cheers

Try to get them shallow on maggots or casters. Fish little bits of worm head, same size as a caster and keep lifting and dropping the rig.
    I like to feed through a cup, but once a fish is hooked, give them some bait through a catty to pull some more in. Next time you ship out, feed through the cup only until you hook one, then catty some more.Nice soft elastic (yellow Middy Hi-Viz for me, about a No8) 0.14 line straight to a size 18 B911. Mosella Manic Impact 6 float in 4x10 or 4x12 bulk shotted with No10s.
    No F1 venues near me, so don't fish for them in winter!
    The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
    Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
    Check out:
    www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
    log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

can enyone explain to me how these F1s bite so delicate on small baits n dotted down floats on the pole, yet are quite happy to wrap a tip round on the feeder with lumps of meat or bunches of maggots
      everything louder than everything else:D

Comment

When I catch them on the pole, they usually pull the elastic out!

Check out:

Comment

ive seen people fishing an eyed hook on a 2 inch loop for f1s i myself find sliding a shot either 1 or 2 inches from your hook tends to work as they feel the resistance an bolt off thats why they rap a tip round they feel the resistance of the lead or feeder as the cae may be

Comment

i know this is a stupid question but i need to ask what are f1s

Comment

I believe they are a cross between a crucian and common carp or a goldfish and common or goldfish and crucian, perhaps someone knows better, just something I read a while back.
              The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

Comment

Originally posted by andy taylor View Post
                ive seen people fishing an eyed hook on a 2 inch loop for f1s i myself find sliding a shot either 1 or 2 inches from your hook tends to work as they feel the resistance an bolt off thats why they rap a tip round they feel the resistance of the lead or feeder as the cae may be
                the loop is a method dreamt up by Giles Cochran If it's good enough for him It's good enough for me. As for F1 never had my elastic pulled out, dot your float right down & hit any movement I find this time of year they mostly feed like roach.
                I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

never had your elastic pulled out have a go on island pool at heronbrook im sure they will give your elastic a good work out

Comment

I use 4x10 with 4mm pellet feeding micros with toss pot. Keep lifting and lowering. If theyre playing hard to get try grain corn fished slightly over depth but shot float right down.

Comment

When we filmed our DVD with Neil Machin at Heronbrook, I had a go on Neil's kit after and had F1s pulling black hydro out before I could lift!

Woodlands View on any lake fishing shallow and spraying maggots or casters, don't watch the float, wait for the elastic to come out!
                      Granted, you will catch more if you lift at every dip, but every four or five fish will see one slamming the tip down.

Check out:

Comment

i use a preston durafloat 10 4x12 with a line about 3.5lb and a b911 14 ot 16 fishing with 4 number 9 or 5 number 9 shot just under my float so they can take the pellet as it falls through the water and i scatter my pellets not pot them in unless im fishing past 10m when i will pot them in but you should be able to get f1's at about 6m out
                        Make The Most Off Your Peg ;)

Comment

Working...
                        X