Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep

Why can't I sleep the night before a match . Last night I had everything ready, didn't have to be up too early, had a couple of beers (only a couple scatty), no pressure at all. So why was I waking up every 20 mins looking at the clock Mind you it wasn't helped by the 'number witheld', phone call at 5 o clock If that was you scatty I'll get you back and so will Shirl

Does anyone else have trouble sleeping the night before a match ???
    Last edited by polepot; 20 September 2006, 08:08 PM.

Man, I think perhaps you are taking things a little too serious or perhaps you shouldnt have drunk 15 cans of Red Bull!
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Naa, only had 3 stellas'

Comment

lmao
        if its a big match i am physically sick same when i played football,,,,funny old world aint it
        In darkness we do what we can
        In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

~Never actyually ben sick

Comment

Mind you it wasn't helped by the 'number witheld', phone call at 5 o clock If that was you scatty I'll get you back and so will Shirl
            Nope it wasn't me

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago when I got a call on my mobile at 430am from one of my 'mates' from Red Herring Ac . i thought it was my 7am alarm call for my match, leapt out of bed, got dressed, washed & was about to go downstairs when 'her indoors' asked me what the effin hell i was doin up at 430am!!! Went back to bed for a couple of hours & woke the wife again gettin up at 7am for the match

She luvs me goin fishin.

Anyway u do any good at Orcherton today ????
            [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

18lb sumat, got battered both sides but not as bad as last week , the barbel are switching off but the wind today made presentaion hard for everyone

Comment

yes i do up allnite i usally stay up doing rigs n pellets n that,where u frm??

Comment

am new to this forum stuff can`t work it art?

Comment

Leigh in lancashire mate, you?

Comment

Larry, the big matches I usually find myself pukeing up behind the peg on the morning because its usually a national but nothing to do with nerves!

The most nervous I ever was fishing was when I was winning the Guiness Classic with one day to go and drew spot on on Airport section between Tony watling Jnr and his Dad and they said to me "your gonna get Watlinged today lad" .... after an hour Tony had 20 bream - I'm not joking ... he turned to me and said at this rate I'm gonna need another keepnet - at that point I had a few perch and one bream!..... I was cacking myself that I was gonna lose the whole festival on one day, everything was going wrong... I then got off my box chopped up a kilo of worm and started another line about 15 yards further out .... half an hour later I was catching bream and big Perch and thankfully Tony's Peg had died a death!.... I went on to Weigh 25.500 and Tony Won the match with 32Kg.. (31Kg in the first hour!).. ooops! The nerves settled once the tip started going round!
                      Simon Young
                      Admin
                      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

I have the same problem get next to no sleep the night before even a club match.
                        Les
                        Garbolino Super Legion - a great pole - it is for me anyway

Comment

Nope i dont have a problem usually trying to sleep
                          [COLOR="Magenta"][B][FONT="Arial Black"]The Minx[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/GemmaD/Banners/sig2.gif[/IMG]

Comment

perhaps you are taking things too seriously

instead of 3 beers try 7 or 8

Comment

But then I have to drive in the morning

Comment

Working...
                              X