Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service

Which fishery do you think offers the best service to anglers ?
    I fished a match at Orcheton yesterday and the bloke running the matches comes round taking orders for the pie shop (yes, it's in wigan), then at around 12 he brings the pies to your peg, he even brings forks

That sounds jackpot!

I was at Cudmore on the Fishomania and some girls came round with cold cans and butties.. that wasnt bad..

As for facilities you cant beat Woodlands Thirsk - but the big let down there is that you cant drive to your peg and you have a long walk!

Heronbook is pretty good, but again you can be stuck with long walks (think people are getting the message I like to park behind my peg!

Lindholme is good but he could do with a clearer match shedule (as there are so many different lakes sometime you turn up and Neil changes the lake its going to be fished on and this upsets people because baits and rigs have to be changed)

Barston has a lovely feel to it and I really like it there and excellent facilities but they could do with a cafe!

Woodlands View has great facilities and the parking is excellent and the venue is nicely mature.

Tunnel Barn Farm, good facilities and excellent fishing - trouble is it is a bit like sitting on the surface of the moon with holes dug out of the ground and an angler within 5 meters of you - once it matures and they plant some trees and grass it will be one of the very best!

The Viaduct is magic, and they are building a new shop and cafe so once that is finished it will be top notch!

Out of the above which I have fished this year I vote for Woodlands View.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

=Oneabung
      Barston has a lovely feel to it and I really like it there and excellent facilities but they could do with a cafe
      I would have thought that Barston has the best facilities of any fishery Parking behind at least 50% of the pegs, excellent car parking facilities for those not on the roadside bank, A clubhouse that must have cost a million, including a 180 seater restaurant. only thing that is lacking is a tackle shop. Is there another Barston that I have not heard of
      Last edited by Oneabung; 21 September 2006, 12:27 PM.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Oooops... sorry Barford and Barston confused!

What a mistakea to makea!
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Brookfields 2 mins from Junc 11 M6 sarnies delivered to pegs, also mugs off tea,flask refills and the best of all cans of beer at dinner time.
          £4.00 weekdays £3 cons
          £5.00 sat /Sun £4.00 cons

www.brookfieldsleisure.com

Comment

What's the fishing like Frank? Is that just past Kings ?

Comment

Click on the link Frank's left Polepot........... Looks about the same size as that pool in Burtonwood we fished last year.

Does it fish well Frank & is it big enough for matches??

Just checked out the fishery rules & the piccy on the web page suggests a bigger pool than i thought!
              Last edited by Paulscatt; 23 September 2006, 10:14 PM.
              [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Its just before Kings on the left hand side of the rd ,its about 100 yards from motor way junction,as 27 pegs. My mate had 55 fish last Sunday from 1 1/2 lb to 5 lb every body was catching,matches can be booked.

Comment

I must say that the facilities at Viaduct now are very good and the advice from Steve is always spot on.

ps the toilets are posher than mine at home!!!!

Comment

Packington just round the corner from Barston, nice cafe that sells a bit of tackle, helpful staff as to wheres fishing, parking at various areas around the complex and yes you can use the bar at the golf club, just make sure you don't go in dressed like crap and if you have the cheek you can even use there showers.
                    Earlswood lakes ????? No water & £7 a peg and do not leave any gear in your car

Comment

Working...
                    X