Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

benefits of elastics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• benefits of elastics

I personally use hydro for all my commercial angling, ranging from white for small carp to red for the lumps. The pole deals comfortably with it.

Can anyone tell me the benefits of latex over the hydros.

I am led to believe it is softer and therefore more forgiving on the strike. The problems arise when trying to land fish and getting their heads up.

It is something I would like to try out but do not want to rip out the hydro if there are no added benefits to changing.
    [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

If its good enough for Steve Ringer then its good enough for me, its certainly more than usefull where skimmers also come into play, I use it most of the time now and have had fish to double figures on it. Mind you I would not use it in snaggy situations and if it was all lump fishing.
    It would be worthwhile trying it in a couple of tops if you have them spare.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

steve uses hydro aswell now arnt sure if hes kicked the latex in the head
      Pickerings Garbolino

43 Kammies

Whiteacres Intermediate Festival Winner 2007

Maver Classic 2007 qualyfier

Browning youthmasters 2007 qualyfier

Comment

ive tried it and didnt get on with it back to hydro and am very pleased think most of it is what u get used to .when i fish uk champs which all the best anglers fish 99% use hydro so that gives u an idear of how good it is. latex is cheaper yes but it dont last as long. so my oppinon would be to keep with hydro if its broke why fix it.
        Pickerings Garbolino

43 Kammies

Comment

I see you have still got your rubber fettish Danny How you doing and its nice to see you on line.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Keith, I was sceptical of the benefits of hydro, having used Middy hi viz for many years without a problem. Hi viz became scarce, so I tried latex on the recommendation of some my clubmates and found it great if you want to play fish forever .
            I was fortunate to win a spool each of blue, white & black hydro in an angling mag competition, my local tackle shop swopped the blue for a black for me ( I rarely fish tiddler matches ) and I now use it in all my top kits. Red hydro being the most used now. At £15 a shot, I would never have bought any to even try it, but now I'm hooked. I have not had to replace the original hydro, which i've now had in use for about 3 seasons.
            I didn't like latex because I felt it was virtually powerless, i've also had some power tube to try. Used the medium power yelo stuff on a practice session at Makins a couple of weeks back and found it very, very stretchy and soft. Need to get tension right & try it again before coming to a conclusion.
            Meantime I'll stick with hydro

Comment

only a bit m8 only use hydro white grey black and red. not doing to bad, cheers nice to back on
              Pickerings Garbolino

43 Kammies

Comment

Keith Latex wins hands down over Hydro in sizes below 5
                Size 5 and above Hydro is unbeatable

The only advantage Latex has is a smooth strike which on most commercials is a waste of time any way. once the fish is hooked you may just aswell have knicker elastic on for all the use latex is
                Hydro on the other hand has a progressive action which builds the more pressure you apply

So if your used to the way Hydro acts stick with it mate latex is a backwards step
                [url="http://www.xanga.com/clivep"]The Black Hydro Fishing Adventures[/url]

Comment

Working...
                X