Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Keeping Elastics in fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Elastics in fridge

After reading a thread by Jay411 on this site a few months ago, i deceided to give it a try myself, i was amazed at the results. My elastics seem a lot fresher and more supple, they retrieve into the pole much smoother and quicker, giving me far better match results.
    I fish an awful lot of canal matchs and my No 2 and No 3 laccies get a lot of use and wear out very quickly. I have now had these laccies in for 8 matchs, and they are still perfect (they normally last 4)

Thank You Jay411 for this advice its the best tip i have had in years.

I hope a lot of other members try it. it really is good advice
    P.S i kept my laccie in fridge for 2 weeks before trying it
    Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
    If you havnt got a good partner.
    Then you better have a good Hand

Hey mate.... as you are doing alot of canal angling have you tried the Sensas Slippery Gold pure latex - cannot recommend it highly enough, this is THE BEST elastic out there by a country mile (others say they are latex, but this stuff is higher grade).... anyway get your hands on some and let me know what you think.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Is that new Simon as i have tried sensas latex in the past and found it no different to many of the other brands. Admittedly i only used the heavier strains.
      Steve Ringer
      Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

wont putting your top 2/3s in the fridge damage the carbon.........
        In darkness we do what we can
        In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

My top 2s are telescopic, so simply remove the number 1 section (about 16 inches long) with the elastic and winder bung and they all stack neatly on the top shelf of my bait fridge.
          [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Got to be taking things a little too seriously by putting top 1's in the fridge!

The Sensas slippery gold has been around a while but I have only used it in the lighter sizes 0.10 down.
            Simon Young
            Admin
            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

No it doesnt damage the carbon dont forget carbon is one of the main components in the aerospace industry and the tempreture at 40,000 feet is bloody cold ive had a old cocacola fridge that i bought second hand from an offliecence last winter i took all the shelves out and kept all my top kits in it during the summer and have not had to change any elastics since the fridge cost me £40 im sure i would normally have spent more on new laccy over this period, I am 100% convinced that elastic reacts to the heat
              I want an end peg

Comment

mmmmn i was actually taking the pith.but it seems you guys are so dedicated to precision fishing so some sad news for you. i have had number 2 elastic in my tops for at least 3 seasons and wont be changing it till i feel its started to wear..saved myself £40 on fridges,goodness knows how much on elastics and i haven't done too much fishing at 40,000 feet my pole only goes round about 41 feet.but suspect i may get a bite or 2

Comment

love the avatar Steve ... nice one

Comment

Only just noticed it Larry, sadly it isnt my handywork!
                    Steve Ringer
                    Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

WE love you steve lol but have you ever tried hydro?
                      if so what did you think and could you put it in the fridge fellas?
                      [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
                      Guess who is back...
                      [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
                      [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

I'm not sure to be honest. Without knowing what the liquid in hydro is I prob wouldn't put it in the fridge. it lasts forever anyway.
                        [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

am i the only 1 that think the liquid in hydro is just plain hydro(water) hence the name >?? i think they are taking the mick when they say its some top secret thing they have made.
                          Guess who is back...
                          [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

i suspect it's merely silicone lubricant, its silky to the touch when u rub it between ur fingers. its not just water.

Comment

oww i always wondered why they called it hydro thou thought that may have been the reason.
                              Guess who is back...
                              [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X