Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

reels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reels

i have to update my reels and have no idea where to start. i want to replace ABU 501/506. MITCHELL MATCH. i love close face reels but my abu,s are shot to peices. any views would be welcome

Well since that is my last name as well i think you should give them to me so that way you have more space to get some more @;~)
    [URL=http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=polefishingwr0.jpg][IMG]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1254/polefishingwr0.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Ian, judging by the reels youve been using your either new back to angling after a good few years lay off or havent updated your tackle for 25 years! Im not having a go mate ive owned a 501 and a mitchel match myself back in the halcyon days of the Trent. I think I would be correct in thinking you want something that replaces your 501 for stickfloat work, in which case i would forget about a closedface reel altogether. I would look for a fixed spool reel with a wide shallow spool as the line runs off much easier than on a closedface. Okuma or Map do some quality reels(£20-£30)that are excellent value for money, if you want to spend a bit more try Shimano.Reels are always being updated so your better off in the tackle shop tell them what you want it for and what your budget is. Hope this helps mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich.T View Post
        Ian, judging by the reels youve been using your either new back to angling after a good few years lay off or havent updated your tackle for 25 years! Im not having a go mate ive owned a 501 and a mitchel match myself back in the halcyon days of the Trent. I think I would be correct in thinking you want something that replaces your 501 for stickfloat work, in which case i would forget about a closedface reel altogether. I would look for a fixed spool reel with a wide shallow spool as the line runs off much easier than on a closedface. Okuma or Map do some quality reels(£20-£30)that are excellent value for money, if you want to spend a bit more try Shimano.Reels are always being updated so your better off in the tackle shop tell them what you want it for and what your budget is. Hope this helps mate.
        right first time. ive just this minute bought 2 shimano reels. what would you suggest for feeder fishing on commercials or will the shimano,s do the job. i keep seeing people going on about reels up in the £125 bracket are these the same as we had 25 years ago the best on the market

Comment

herbie me old mucker what are the shimano no/s.can then tell you if ok for feeders.

Comment

i brought 2x Stratos FS7000E and have used them for the last year, i have always had top range reels but these are the best i have ever used, i think they have 9 ball bearings very smooth, and you can get them for £39.99 each

Comment

most anglers i know tend to favour the shimano stradic for feeder fishing i myself use a shimano exage which is a step down and half the price ive had no problems with it

Comment

Originally posted by feeder View Post
                herbie me old mucker what are the shimano no/s.can then tell you if ok for feeders.

feeder i have,nt a clue im getting them from rob b. i will ask the slim one

Comment

ian i have the 4000twinpower xtra for feeder work and the stratos4000 for float.both excellent reels imo.

Comment

Daiwa TDR's there the bees knees. Yes they are expensive but will last a lifetime.
                    Team Mosella Black Country [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                    X