Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Mystery club match.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery club match.

Next club match on Sunday is the match organiser's Mystery venue. All the members will receive a phone call on Friday when all will be revealed as to the match venue for Sunday. Over the previous month or so he has resisted all attempts to reveal his secret's which has added to the banter during our matches.

Does anybody else's club do anything similar or have any suggestions for a different slant on club matches such as a rover match on a favourite venue to spice up the fixture list.
    [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Not exactly scatty, but my old club had something similar. Whereby we'd book a venue, get hopelessly lost on the way there and end up in a mystery pub!
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

secret pairs

during 2 of our matches i will draw out of all the lads present 2 anglers together if there is an odd number some lucky person gets two goes end of the the match the pair with highest weight wins.

Comment

On our annual Pairs Charity match I seed half the entry and the seeds draw for their partner just before the draw. The draw tickets have 2 pegs on so that the pair end up at opposite sides/ends of our pool.If an odd number enter one seed is paired with 2 non seeds. Complicated......
        John - Kingfisher
        Talk Angling Senior Member
        Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Disappointed with the secret venue

Sounds complicated John .............. Just been told the mystery venue. Patridge lakes match canal. Can't say i'm too impressed chub or bust me thinks Not one of my favourite venues.

We already have a secret pairs cometition growler it was held earlier in the summer on Pennine fishery. It just so happens my partner & I won that one !!
          [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Big secret/mystery eh Paul!!!
            John - Kingfisher
            Talk Angling Senior Member
            Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Partridge lakes just round the corner from me, like the first canal on right has you go on think its called pine

Comment

Back in late 80's and early 90s I was in a club in Enfield, Middlesex that used coaches to get to it's matches. The club was affiliated to the LAA and so most of it's matches were on LAA stretches of the Thames and Ouse. Invariably the weather would break at some point in the autumn and we would arrive at the venue to find the water over the banks and in the fields.

That's when the mystery started, as it would then be a mad dash, if coaches can dash, to the nearest stretch of LAA or free canal for a match, hoping that other LAA clubs were not doing exactly the same, although Mark Pollard and the other canal gurus would have had a fit to see us fishing the canal with 6 pints of bronze maggot and hemp!
                A Southerner, lost in the Midlands. ;)

Comment

Our clubs summer league matches are run as a 'rover', the match organiser got brassed off with all the bitching about which pegs should be in and which shouldn't, so he made the brave decision of running them all as 'rovers'. Not my favourite method but he runs the matches

Comment

Working...
                  X