Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Carp... don't you just love em !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carp... don't you just love em !

Fished a match at Hallcroft Sat 29th (blowing a gale). Everybody struggled & in the end not many small or big fish were caught but the winner (next to me) had 4 carp & a skimmer for 26lb.
    Two days later (New Years Eve) at another lake, (cracking local farm lake) 13 of us turned up for another match. Now this lake holds carp upto & above 20lb, tench, bream & loads of silvers.
    Like everyone else I set up for silvers & set up a heavyish bomb rod knowing where the carp tend to be.
    I was matching the chap next to me fish for fish but mine were small roach & rudd & his were 10-12oz skimmers. So every hour I had 10 minutes on bomb & sweetcorn. There was no wind & I could sense any second an 8-10lb carp was going to wang the end of my rod round.... it never did !
    All top 3 (inc chap next to me) had 16lb 8oz of silvers, I was mid table... again.
    Cracking match though & we're back again on Sunday.

ha ha its always the way mate they never come when u need them.
    cRaFtYcLaRkY:)

Comment

Fished the match again today & opted to stick with the silvers this week. Came 4th out of 18... well chuffed.
      1st - 20lb
      2nd - 11lb 6oz
      3rd - 10lb 4oz
      4th - 10lb 2oz (me)

Couldn't believe 18 turned up on a frosty morning for a knock-up, we've struggled to get 6-8 anglers for all the 2007 summer matches !

Comment

Working...
      X