Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Silver fish gbaits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver fish gbaits?

Just wondering as to which companies' gbaits people tend to prefer for their silver fish mixes and why?

I tend to use both sensas and VDE, with the sensas gbaits for my roach/skimmer fishing on lakes and canals and the VDE for bream and river mixes.

Sensas Roach and Sensas Lake are the two best base gbaits I have used and in conjunction with formula supreme, they make a great squatt mix.

But I like VDE gold pro, brown crumb and secret for balling in for bream and tend to go for the stickier VDE gbaits such as Superoach and Secret as a base on the Don.

I still think that VDE rules the roost for the silvers in these parts, as most anglers seem to have VDE gbaits in their carryalls and on the southern canals, everybody seemed to have supermatch and supercup with an odd bag of superlake here or there.

Anybody used Mosella, Trabucco, Browning or Dynamite baits silver fish mixes? Whizzo purple haze was an old favourite if you wanted a shallow joker mix with a % of gbait. Come on folks, trade secrets!

Dont think you can beat supercup / supermatch and black turbo as a silverfish mix for the canal... but not all the shops round here stock them (as you well know Simon!)

As for bream mixes there are many, but the best base is definately the sensas pure brown crumb, yes it is an expensive way of doing things but it has been proven time and again in Ireland as by far the best bream base, then a few aditives and colour to suit the water and away you go!
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

With the VDE I was using some brown crumb (cheap) + Mondial Touche powdered additive with some success on the Grand union for large bream 3lb +. BUT I've run out of the Touche and don't know where to get some more!! A nice TA moderator may sell me a little he found in his garage, but hasn't mentioned it lately!!
      John - Kingfisher
      Talk Angling Senior Member
      Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Steve he is on about me. I have one packet left that another kind Moderator gave me.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

friture..and supa cup...50 ..50 sound as a pound cloudy little food content
          In darkness we do what we can
          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Don't suppose anybody knows how to lay their hands on some sensas picardie or whether they know of any effective gonk mixes?

Comment

Dynamite baits canal & Lake superblack(75%) and roach superblack(25%)

especially on venues where there are a few skimmers as well.

Comment

Don't suppose anybody knows how to lay their hands on some sensas picardie or whether they know of any effective gonk mixes?

Been looking for some for 2 years no luck.
                Go with Lee,s mix

Comment

unfortunatly Frank picardie used to come in paperbags so when you find them in the shed/garage they are mouldy or rock hard....

Have you tried just using fine brown crumb and dried blood mixed 70% crumb and 30% blood?

Comment

Right about the paper bags mate reminded me of asbestoses powder but it smelt nice, and did the job

Tried the blood and crumb mate even mixed in some mole hill,not getting any decent response to it.Have tried to get a certain Plant to tell me what went into Baitex black but mums the word.

Comment

To be honest Frank it probably hasn't got anything to do with whats in the groundbait...more likely to be down to the fact the numbers of gudgeon are not there any more.

Even struggle to catch em at Wombourne and Hinksford now..

Comment

For canal fishing I love using Sensas lake and Roach/silverfish or lake and Noire if I want a dark mix. For balling in on the rivers I like Sensas gross gardon. A bit baised toward sensas groundbaits but my team has a deal with sensas.
                        Regarding the Gudgeon mix I have caught a few in the past on match blend and Gudgeon 50/50.

Comment

Working...
                        X