Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

How long in the tackle shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long in the tackle shop?

How long each week do you guys spend in the tackle shop?

Up here it might as well be a social club, you can go in there and not come out for hours! And some people never seem to leave it (and thats not the staff I'm on about...)
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Depending on which shop it is (and therefore how long I can get away with it!) I can sit there all morning (just to test the seatboxes you understand), and if I can wangle a brew and a fag all the better! I have been known to spend a fair old while in the shop with some team mates.

Some shops I've visited seem very antisocial for that very reason though. There are often a few old boys sat talking, and when you go in they scrutinise you in silence until you leave. I think this is potentially disconcerting for youngsters or newcomers, and wives etc.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Went into Doncaster angling centre last week and they had the football on Sky and seats set out and quite a few sitting watching it, next thing they will put up some optics and start serving pints!
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

I think Donny Angling would attract customers without TV screens as Paul is such a decent and knowledgeable bloke. He seems genuinely interested in your opinions on fishing, even though he is such a top angler.

Im all for looking after regular customers but there was a band of tea swilling s**t stirrers that used go from shop to shop, assessing the quality of the brew on offer, buying sod all and insisting upon telling you what you should and shouldn't buy. Thankfully they seem to have thinned out as they used to put off customers.

I will go into my local shop for a quick chat with the lads but I take my own cup of tea!

Comment

Me & Dad used to spend ages in tackle shops when we lived in the Midlands. Or id be sat in the car & have to beep or walk in to tell Dad to hurry up

But i can honestly say since moving (2yrs ago) i havnt been in a tackle shop down here. Dad has once or twice for quick look, but rarely, as they dont stock the stuff he uses
          [COLOR="Magenta"][B][FONT="Arial Black"]The Minx[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/GemmaD/Banners/sig2.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
          X