Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Carp Margin Work ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carp Margin Work ?

2 power tops ready for elasticating.
    What elastic...soft or strong....hollow,solid or latex ?
    Explain Reason ?

Venue and size of fish might help...

Comment

Big carp in margins on commercials

Comment

you wanna talk to Leigh66 he spends most of his fishing life dinking around in the margins on the pole and he manages to land most of what he hooks mostly
        everything louder than everything else:D

Comment

solid elastic upto a 22. the reason for it being solid is theres less stretch than latex and hollow elastics so the fish cant find any snags. basically i hook my fish pull the pole 90 decrees from where i hooked it and sink the pole and slowly ship back. to be honest i would probly have both elastics at the same strength ie 22. obviously theres no point having your elastic at 22 if your only likely to catch 8lb fish but in the lakes i fish im catching fish from 9lb to 17lb plus.all these fish are caught from within 6 inches of a sunken tree or the next pallet. its best to have you gear set stronger than lighter as you dont want a fish tethered up with with a rig and maybe your elastic rapped round a tree.
          [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=black]Shaun Pearce [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

i use a garbolino orange in one and a prestons 15s in the other and had no problems up to now they are both hollow elastics landed carp up to 12lb with very few hook pulls

Comment

Middy bunge core 18-22
              [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
              Guess who is back...
              [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
              [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

black hydro for me, as where i fish there aint no snags on the inside. even had a 26lb carp on this.

Comment

Depends on how snaggy it is.
                  If there are no snags in the edge, it will be better to use a soft elastic so the fish can dive out of the swim straight away. I carry 8 solid to 16 hollow, which covers 99% of my carping.

Also have a carp kit with 12" of 20 elastic for real hit and hold situations. I've found it better to have a very short piece of elastic so it bottoms out instantly, but you must have faith in your pole to do this!
                  And make sure your rig is made up on 8lb maxima, I've yet to find any other line that can take rubbing on reed stems, branches etc.
                  If you think you like the look of a line, try rubbing a short bit of it over the edge of the counter in the shop. That'll tell you how abrasion resistant it is.
                  The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
                  Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
                  Check out:
                  www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
                  log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by stevelockett View Post
                    If you think you like the look of a line, try rubbing a short bit of it over the edge of the counter in the shop. That'll tell you how abrasion resistant it is.
                    you cant get to the counter in my local tackle shop for people drinking tea telling tales of how big it was.
                    [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=black]Shaun Pearce [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Try doing the abrasion test on the back of their heads then! lol
                      The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
                      Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
                      Check out:
                      www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
                      log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

i read sumwhere tht if the margins are not snaggy or nothing, use soft elastic because the carp will bolt of to the middle of the lake and if its snaggy use strong hit n hold set up. Is this right and what soft elastic do i use ?

Comment

If there are no snags then you are only limited by your preferred brand be it a 12 -16 hollow or 14 latex solid. When snags are involved that is where you get serious and personally i would use a solid 16 or an 18 - 22 hollow. the first so you can drag them away (gently of course) and the second so you can ship the pole back at breakneck speed and then hold on. It does really depend on what you like and are used too. If you are only fishing on your top 2 or 3 then solid is the way to go

Comment

preston hollo is the best elastic ever i think but a doubleed up elastic is as good :L
                            use hollo blue or purpler for big fish because its soft on stirck (if set right) but after a few meters when the fish is out of your swim it gives power all off the hollo or doubled up elastics are the same reaon but i would use them with a pulla bung
                            Make The Most Off Your Peg ;)

Comment

if snags are not there then you should defo use black hydro and if snags are there step it up to slackened off purpule

Comment

Working...
                              X