Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Eastern European Barbeques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern European Barbeques

Someone was telling me recently about Cosovans and Lithuanians who are living over here going to lakes and rivers and taking a barbque with them catching a few fish, knocking them on the head and away they go! Apparently they cant believe there is so much free food just swimming about waiting to land on their plates!

Anybody seen any evidence of this?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

yeah but that evidence is sown a big dark pit now

oh said to much
    sensas /total angling

Comment

We had some eastern europeans down on Highfields Lake when the junior match was on. They turned up with two sea rods each, 4 big barbed hooks on each rod and a bloody great bucket ready to take their catch home. This was in broad daylight on a lake full of anglers and they seemed oblivious to the fact they were doing anything wrong.

I also know of them night fishing and setting dead lines on a few council owned waters in the area.

I can understand the culture that they come from and how it must be difficult to adapt to a different set of rules but something has to be done. However, if they speak jack **** English, then who is going to be able to explain as to what they are doing is wrong?

The police aren't interested, you can't take the law into your own hands and you are losing fish left right and centre. What is the answer?

Comment

Comment

Persons of an oriental persuasion have ben seen spear fishing in a Birmingham park and according to newspaper reports not just taking a couple of fish.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

it's just what they did at home, I went to cyprus last year and they were all there with their boat rods and mop buckets. They were astounded when we kept throwing them back

Comment

This problem is also rife on the Tees, two ov my mates were fishing there last week and seen two Cosavans with a sack full ov good size bream, A call to the Environment agency led to nothing as they promised to send a officer down, but after a two hour wait no one arrived, maybee the stretch of the tees they were on was not good enough for them to bother with, shame on them cos the problem will just not go away.

Comment

Bloody rife on the Thames as well. We regular see polish people fishing around Oxford. I have seen them catch fillet and cook a pike at Sandford.

Comment

As Keith Arthur says it NOT illegal to take fish ''from free public waters''.
                  I suspect that most of them don't have a rod licence, which is. The EA should protect our licence fees by prosecuting them. They seem to be able to get us easy enough if we don't have a licence!!!

Comment

Well it should be illegal.... surely there is some law dating back a few hundred years that says its legal or not...

Yes I heard this weekend about a few of them spear fishing in the local lakes - I cant imagine how I would have reacted if I saw a polish geezer coming out of the water in a wetsuit with a bream on the end of a spear gun... can you imagine!!!!
                    Simon Young
                    Admin
                    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

As Keith Arthur says it NOT illegal to take fish ''from free public waters''

That is correct but they must be of a certain size,it used to be on your licence but over the years it as been omitted.

Comment

Working...
                      X