Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

first match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first match

I'm fishing my first match next weekend, got my box and umbrella, fishing pole hopefully 8.5m and tips would be great, I thinkl roach are the main fish cheers cant wait

What venue are you fishing?

Also try to find out as much info about the venue - baits, noted pegs, where they are feeding e.g up in the water....

Good luck in your first match, I hope you enjoy it...

Comment

good luck with your first match moth can you get a days practice on the venue in the week this would help
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000]Phil's Tackle[SIZE=5][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/index.html[/url]

Comment

good luck Moth,keep it simple,just concentrate on what your doing,good advise from Jason.
        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Moth fish to your strenghts, dont worry what everyone else is doing. Just concentrate on your tactics. Good luck.
          [URL="http://www.fishingforforces.org/"]http://www.fishingforforces.org/[/URL]

Comment

Thanks for the support, its a private venue, so unable to get on there this week, been trying to decide what bait to take partical is band but sweetcorn is ok, I've made up some red soft meat, and thought I'd take a pint of red and a pint of bronze maggot, maybe a pint of caster and I've dug 50 worms what do you think?

Comment

Hi Moth

If its your first match then, keep it simple as other have said. If roach are the main specie's i would take maggot however caster would sort out the better stamp roach. If it was me i would take at least three pints of mixed maggot as this would give you a change of hook bait colour and you can gauge what colour is working best and you have not put all your eggs into one basket . Try single or double maggot on the hook. But i cannot stress enough keep feeding, however if you keep feeding you will being fish up in the water, so make up rigs for UITW and on the deck. I see so many anglers sitting on there boxes and not feeding or working the rig, eye lift and drop and not catching.

Fish light diameter lines say 0.12 main line to a 0.10 hook length and light sliver fish hooks and of course light pole elastics. You could have two lines of attack say 10 o/c and 2 o/c or staggered 6 metres and 4 metres. One line caster and the other maggot. Maggot will usually catch anything that swims. Good luck for your first match. Don't forget keep feeding little and often and building the swim up from there on.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vespe 6mm Side Puller Bushes

Comment

Good luck, we all start somewhere...
                Dont be to pre-occupied with drawing the so called "flyer"(s).As "Carpysteve" says just build your peg up and concentrate on feeding little and often and trying to keep the fish in your peg as long as you can , best of luck and remember margins not only hold the bigger stamp of carp 9/10 times, Ive won matches with good bags of silvers from down the edge .... keep us posted on how you get on (y)

Comment

as always plenty of good advice, but dont over do it with to many baits, keep it simple maybe take maggot and worm and stick with it and make it work ,stay calm and take your time most of all enjoy it .tight lines
                  brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

Thanks for all the great tips, i'll let you know how it goes cheers

Comment

I always take a bit of liquidised bread when after roach

Comment

Hi Just a quick note to let you know how I got on. well I managed 3rd place out of 13 people fishing 1st place was 5lb+ 2nd 4lb+ and I managed 3.13lb, my peg was very shallow at about 9 inches at 11m so decided to fish feeder at 2 different ranges and hit on a shoal of perch in the last hour, totally enjoyed it and cant wait to do it again, thanks again for all the tips.

Comment

Bandit
                          OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Mart, hes got a horse called Black Bess
                            John

Comment

Well done moth! 3rd place in your first match is a great result. Keep it up,but don't expect to frame everytime. Most importantly-enjoy it and learn something every time you fish a match.
                              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
                              X