Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Some of the worst conditions ever to fish in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of the worst conditions ever to fish in...

Well after a 35 minuete drive to the Old Hough Fisherie in Middlewich and handing over £20 i wish i had gone with my gut instinct and stayed in bed..... Ive fished in minus degrees conditions, windy conditions and rain when i cant see the tip of my rod but never all 3.... No cover just open water so i was home after 2 hours... Dammmmm it was bad out there today.

How was it for you guys today?

Hi.
    Fair play to you mate, it seems to be windy most of the time up there, and with it being so open.
    I drove to flushing meadows with the 2 lads, thought it may be a bit better, wrong, drove back home.
    You would have strugled at old hough, you after be over the far side, 14metres of pole in this weather = very hard work.
    Soon be summer.
    All the best steve.

Comment

Same hare mate managed about 2 hours.Howling wind hale/sleet straight in my face.Should have stayed in bed.
      Don't you just love it when your daughter kicks your ass:o

Comment

It was our first club match aswell.... Points down the drain but as you said Steve you have to fish the far bank on Old Hough and we were on Lower Benbo and 15m to the far bank.... I can imagine Flushing meadow being even worse? I should have fished the open on Meadow Veiw instead, Same conditions i know but an bit more shelter with it being tree lined. Ash on Blundells next week and i pray the conditions are not the same with that being even more open....

Comment

all reet clive, we were on cobden mill today rained for 4 1/2 hours, howling winds, ive never been as cold for a long time, all for 1 bite 1 fish 5oz skimmer few of our lads packed up early couldnt blame them,
          last week we were on old hough (big max) jus as bad there !!!
          brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

21LB i am told won our match and it got that bad that 7 packed up early and they finished the match 1 1/2hrs early also. I had a look at that Big Max yesterday and i bet it will be ok in a few years once it settles down Dave?

Comment

I just looked at the weather report and stayed in bed,simple yawn yawn yawn

Comment

ya big northern softies lol. we fished our club match in it yesterday, 10 turned up 7 finished the full 5hour match, worst i've fished in for years. Persistant Rain and upto 40mph winds, brollie disintigrated after 1/2 hour, forgot me boots, and fished in trainers (plank), landing net head fell off with a lump in it, the rivet gave up, and sat there without a smoke as two lighters gave up the ghost, soaked to the skin, managed 4th with 18lb oh bliss.

Comment

Fished TASE series round 2, lashing rain and wind and cold until about 15 mins from end, 19 started, 19 finished (I think a couple had an hour in their cars when it was really grim). Top performance by the SE lads. Got totally soaked and freezing cold but a good laugh as ever

Comment

Jim,i had to to the motor for a smoke,6hrs of hell me thinks for 3lb 8oz
                    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Working...
                    X