Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

eels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eels

Havn't caught an eel for about 2 years,love catching them once had 86 in a session on the witham.Fishing for skimmers on the pole yesterday in the pouring rain had one 3lb 2oz,man what a scrap,nightmare getting it in the landing net,had at least 7 attempts and took about 10 minutes.Dead chuffed with it my previous best was 2lb 2oz in 35 years fishing.Hope they come back in the numbers they used to be in,my mate caught 1 in ireland in the carrick festival last year and was told there that rare there now there not supposed to even handle them.Only down side was everything was that wet i couldn't get my bloody touch screen phone to work to take a piccy.

p.s whats with the talk angling whale,not even 12 stone lol

Comment

Ive noticed that I've been catching more eels this year than the previous 2 or 3, even taken a few on corn!! They aren't small either so where have they been hiding, not that i'm moaning, very strange.

Comment

There are some Huge Eels in some Commercials @ Moorlands last year 1 was caught 7.3 lbs in a match & 3 weeks ago another 6.10lbs also in a match !!
        So both of these are Genuine fish not Figments of someones Imagination !!
        They were both witnessed by a lot of Anglers & returned safely
        Who knows whats in some of these lakes ??
        I am sure if we knew we would be amazed .
        Colin

Comment

Tail first
          [URL]http://talkangling.co.uk/fishing/tackle-sale/61600-high-quality-chianti-style-handmade-pole-floats-0-2-0-7-a.html[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by kkingfishers View Post
            Tail first
            tails a long way down with 8 elastic lol,there special eels Col did you get pictures,they should be in angling press

Comment

As far as i know A/T have been given details of the 6.10 Eel caught by Moorlands regular Dave Gough about 3 weeks back.
              I know they have told Des Taylor about it because he has contacted the fishery to see if he can go down for Night sessions to target them !!
              Night fishing isnt allowed so not sure what happened !!
              Colin

Comment

1 came out of dimmingsdale pool 9lb that was in a/t.

Comment

Tail first

Comment

Whats all this Tail 1st mean???
                    Colin

Comment

Remember this one?

Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                        Whats all this Tail 1st mean???
                        Same as catfish Col, get the bulk of the net behind em,ease off the pressure and let em swim backwards into the net...tail first.
                        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

that is a lovely fish !!
                          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane View Post
                            Same as catfish Col, get the bulk of the net behind em,ease off the pressure and let em swim backwards into the net...tail first.
                            Thanks Pete hadnt got a clue what it meant !!
                            Colin

Comment

Originally posted by tk View Post
                              Remember this one?

Still makes most eel anglers green with envy.
                              A true monster.
                              Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Working...
                              X