Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Bronze Maggots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronze Maggots

Sunday was the first time I'd used them for a long time. My finger nails are still bronze two days later.I wont be using them again.

Just use tumeric next time roysty

Comment

Yes thats what Mark said after I'd bought them

Comment

Theres nowt like bronze fingers to remind you of a good weekend on the river!

Mind you, everyone looks at you like you smoke 60 a day!
        [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Just soak your hands in diluted bleach,soon gets rid of it.When I worked in tackle shop you where afraid to pick anything up in the bait room everything was coated in the bloody stuff.If they are done right you shouldnt get it on you.

Comment

so are the bronze best for the river ?

Comment

DOnt know why they seem better, perhaps just because they look like a caster?

I used them last week on the aire and calder canal and they are definately the best on there - but everyone uses them and thats what the fish are used too so I suppose that has alot to do with it.
              Simon Young
              Admin
              Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
              web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Bronze maggots are without doubt the best colour on the local canals for roach fishing but as to what a bronze maggot looks like to a fish in 8-10ft of water is anybodies guess. I think red light disappears at the shallowest depth?

They were undoubtedly the best on the trent but my mother banned me from using them after I came back from one match with the stuff all over my hands and face. I suppose a lot depends upon whether you want to go out and pull on the saturday night after them match. I dare say that nice ladies don't want bronze maggot hands inside their pants!

Comment

Bronze is colour I mainly I use and I have loads of sucsess with them,If I am on the river I will always buy whites and give them a good covering in turmeric, the chub In are local go mad for them.I have found that carp will always go for reds over bronze.

Comment

used bronze sunday on the trent didnt get bite on any other colour the roach and dace love them

Comment

I use the stuff for some years and have some great results . It works best on a lake for roach and some really big bream . I like bronze fingers more than an empty keepnet !

Comment

If you use bronze maggots remember not to scratch your nose or wipe your face with your hands as you get perculiar looks in the pub and comments about your fake tan not working properly.

Comment

If you clean them properly, you can get rid of the problem unless they get wet, when it starts again. Riddle off al the sawdust that they come in. Put them in fresh sawdust and leave for a couple of hours. Riddle that off and put them in clean again overnight. Riddle that off on the morning you are going and put them into maize meal and/or turmeric.

You shouldn't have any problems then.
                          [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Yes the problem we had was, we were fishing in heavy rain/thunder storm. It was difficult to keep anything dry. Took over 2 weeks to get the dye off my finger nails. I will be sticking to whites and reds in future.
                            At the weekends match one of the guys must have been scratching his face during the match and ended up with a bronze/yellow face. I said, you'll be ok if your missus fancies a 'Chinese' tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by royst
                              Yes thats what Mark said after I'd bought them
                              hi r u gd at fishing?

Comment

Working...
                              X