Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Match on a commercial style canal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match on a commercial style canal

Hi guys I am doing a pairs match on a commercial style canal. I have never really fished a canal before, so I was hoping you guys could give me some tips.

thanks all in advance

Can you give us any details where it is, this would help everyone give you the best info. Im pretty sure once you give the details of the match, the guys on here will be able to sort you out.
    [URL="http://www.fishingforforces.org/"]http://www.fishingforforces.org/[/URL]

Comment

The match is at one of my club waters called butterton pools. Its full of carp from mirrors commons to ghost carp and a huge head of Koi and grass carp

Comment

commercial canals at this time of year are usually best polefished to the far side & in the margins, start across & fish the margin later on in the match! pellet, meat & corn will catch plenty of fish, but worm or paste could be good so keep your ear to the ground for whats the going bait!!!

Comment

Originally posted by phillyfingers View Post
          commercial canals at this time of year are usually best polefished to the far side & in the margins, start across & fish the margin later on in the match! pellet, meat & corn will catch plenty of fish, but worm or paste could be good so keep your ear to the ground for whats the going bait!!!
          Thank you very much, I am going to use paste as my main hook bait but move onto meat and expanders later into the match.

Would you recommend using crushed pellet as a groundbait to pot in over the paste?

Comment

I never feed anything when paste fishing, just think of the paste as a bit of groundbait!
            Also fish short where the slope meets the bottom of the lake, plumb up in the middle of the track where its deepest and come closer until it starts to shallow up. Put a mark on your pole when the slope meets the bottom and you shouldnt go far wrong
            [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
            [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
            [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
            [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by connor View Post
              I never feed anything when paste fishing, just think of the paste as a bit of groundbait!
              Also fish short where the slope meets the bottom of the lake, plumb up in the middle of the track where its deepest and come closer until it starts to shallow up. Put a mark on your pole when the slope meets the bottom and you shouldnt go far wrong
              cheers Connor will try that tomorrow.

Comment

dead reds will catch most fish so dont forget them ,meat, corn ,pellet , paste ,and my best is cheese thay all catch fish all the best mate

Comment

forgot ,worm and caster works as well tight lines

Comment

Working...
                  X