Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Messingham Sands - bait checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messingham Sands - bait checks

Just thought I'd share this with anyone who visits this venue. For those who do you'll no doubt know that the rules state that fishery feed and hook pellets must be used, which is fair enough. However, we had a match there yesterday and Kev the owner came round checking pellets and kicked two of our lads off for having other types of pellets visable in their holdalls. Neither angler was using them and indeed had fishery pellets either on the hook or in a band but his attitude was that "they shouldn't be brought onto the complex".
    Fortunately, my holdall was closed when he came round as I, like I'm sure many others, would have shared a similar fate. I would add for a bit of balance that he did also kick a couple off for using other pellets and one for using different feed pellets (on another match) but I don't know about anyone else but I can probably count on the fingers of one hand how many times I clear out my bag each season. The word "petty" springs to mind, no where on his signs or website does it state "don't bring other pellets on the complex", don't use them, yes and I have little sympathy for those caught using them but for just having them in your bag is totally OTT in my opinion!!
    I won't be going back and I suspect neither will our club so you have been warned, clear out your bag or make sure it's shut at all times when you are fishing!!
    Last edited by Oneabung; 24 January 2013, 09:24 AM.

The owners can obviously afford to lose customers in these hard times!. Im like you fish 2 places a week and one venue insists on using their feed pellets and the other does not care what you use or the amount of it. I have pellets for both venues in my bag most of the time but I always use the fishery pellets where I have to. These little Hitlers get up my nose and I would be like you and not visit the fishery again which is what Ive done on 2 occasions near to where I live. Had a run in with the owners 8 years ago and havent been back since.

Comment

Bang on, got nothing to do with him what you have in your box, bag or hold all total knob. What next get frisked on entry lol.
      Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

I bet the pellets are the same to . If like here there is plenty of fish to eat the pellets they wouldnt touch the bottom no matter what you use within reason. A warning for the first time should have been enough. Just after more money of you. Let em get on with it and move on.
        [URL]http://talkangling.co.uk/fishing/tackle-sale/61600-high-quality-chianti-style-handmade-pole-floats-0-2-0-7-a.html[/URL]

Comment

heard Steve Ringer took some of his pellets out to use on there but was just told he couldnt use them perhaps theres rules for some and rules for others also

Comment

Like i told one who came shouting at me,theres other places to go beside this place,never been back

Comment

I think you should always be allowed to use your own hookers and anything on your bait table counts.... my carryall probably has bait in it from 10 different venues!
              Simon Young
              Admin
              Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
              web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

What n xt get frisked on entry lol.

Comment

How can fishery owners police rules if Banned Baits / Over Limit baits can be taken to the peg by the angler (but not used??)

If the bait is in your peg, in a carryall, holdall, bait bag or box..... it is still in your peg and can be used!!!!

Trouble is for as many anglers that take the items to their peg by mistake there will be always be a few anglers out there that take baits on purpose to break these rules......... but how do fishery owners police bait taken by "mistake on purpose"??

Takes less time to take offening baits out of your bag than it does to make up a pole rig...... so there is little excuse!!!

Tis the same rule for everyone..... all know where they stand!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonP View Post
                    How can fishery owners police rules if Banned Baits / Over Limit baits can be taken to the peg by the angler (but not used??)

If the bait is in your peg, in a carryall, holdall, bait bag or box..... it is still in your peg and can be used!!!!

Trouble is for as many anglers that take the items to their peg by mistake there will be always be a few anglers out there that take baits on purpose to break these rules......... but how do fishery owners police bait taken by "mistake on purpose"??

Takes less time to take offening baits out of your bag than it does to make up a pole rig...... so there is little excuse!!!

Tis the same rule for everyone..... all know where they stand!!!
                    Therein lies the problem Simon, no where does it say that, not on his signs or his website. If it was made clear to all then I wouldn't have an issue. The two guys he kicked off were both using fishery feed and hook pellets. Our club's been going there for over 10 years now, 2 matches a year and a lot of the lads attend some of his midweek matches as well. So, yes, we know the rules but Saturday was the first time the owner had kicked any of our lads off for any reason and for something so bizarre quite frankly beggars belief. Had all our bags been open he would probably had to kick the entire club off the lake, all 24 of us!! Needless to say, he's lost a lot of customers because I can't see us going again.

My original post is merely to warn fellow anglers that the rules appear to have changed without anyone, apart from the owner, knowing.

Comment

PACMAN i understand what you are saying.

The angler should be made aware of any rules especially with the threat of being kicked off a fishery, if the rule is not advertised then its wrong for your anglers to be asked to leave i.m.o!!

To many fisheries have un-written rules in this day and age!!

My reply above was aimed at comments that it has "nothing its to do with a fishery owner what you carry to your peg" and "i fish many times a week and i dont remove bait from my kit"

If RULES are in place then it has everything to do with fishery staff what you have in your peg, over limit baits / banned banned baits should be left at home!! (or in the car B4 match)

Comment

At Messingham
                        you are told what you can use .
                        the pegs are virtualy by your car in most cases
                        Surely it would be easier to take only the bait you are going to use
                        When putting fishery pellet etc into your bag that you have just purchased,there is nothing easier than taking out everything else .
                        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                          At Messingham
                          you are told what you can use .
                          the pegs are virtualy by your car in most cases
                          Surely it would be easier to take only the bait you are going to use
                          When putting fishery pellet etc into your bag that you have just purchased,there is nothing easier than taking out everything else .
                          I really wish some people would read the previous posts before replying. As a club we have been going there ten years Col, we've never had anyone kicked off before so we are aware of the rules. However, when the fishery owner decrees something completely new, doesn't tell you either on his signs, website or before the match what chance have you got???
                          Yes it would be easy to empty your bag beforehand and I'm sure our lads would have done had we have known about it!!!

I'll say again, for the benefit of those who choose not to read the full thread, my original post was to warn other anglers so that they don't fall into the same trap!!
                          Last edited by PACMAN; 28 June 2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Pacman
                            i did read your original post & what you are saying is correct.
                            However i just automaticaly empty any baits that are not allowed on any particular venue,out of my bag.
                            When i was @ Messingham for the Fish o qualifier the owner stated that only bait purchased from fishery pellet wise,
                            could be used on the venue
                            No other pellet was allowed @ your peg
                            so i obviously thought that this was in the rules,it seems i was mistaken !!
                            All other baits were allowed & No limit stated
                            the only other rules were regarding feeders ,Braid & the thickness of your wagglers (very strange)
                            the ruling about taking unlawful baits to your peg is quite common & to be honest 1 that is enforced @ various fisheries nationwide
                            so i wont apologise for saying that all unlawful baits should be left in the car & not taken to the lakeside !!
                            Colin

Comment

i've never understood the thickness of a waggler rule,it's in place at Whiteacres.

Comment

Working...
                              X