Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Stainy help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainy help

Hey chaps, got a match coming up soon on the satiny at dunstanton, any advice on baits and methods would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

I have not fished there for some years but the most important thing is presentation of your rig. Plumb the exact depth, then lay the rig in a straight line down stream and hold it tight when the float cocks to about 45deg it will start to shake when it does this let it go with the flow. Until you do it this way you would not think there was a fish in the swim, try it I hope it works for you as it always did for me.
    Tight lines
    Gus Greaves

Comment

Thanks for that gus, I'll give it a go but I'm still not sure of the type and size of fish to expect. As it's a canal I'll keep to traditional canal baits.

Comment

I meant the stainforth canal at dunston in case of any head scratching, any more advice appreciated.

Comment

call in stainy angling centre he will put u right

Comment

Thanks, I'll will.

Comment

Well how did it go?

Comment

Bad day at black rock, couple of little perch (wasps) and two hours of the canal pulling harder than the tidal Trent made the day totally forgettable. But then that's fishing.

Comment

Working...
                X