Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Bonus fish in your landing net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus fish in your landing net

OK guys lets open this up for a good debate.

Someone in your match is landing a fish but as he does so a Carp swims past and he lands both fish at the same time.

So the debate: is this a no brainer and the second fish does not count.

Anyone can scope a fish up as they swim past in your margins.

If the weighin was a close encounter with possibly only one fish in it could this be deemed as cheating.

Do you have a ruling on this one ?? .

IMHO the free fish should be put back.

Your thoughts please gentlemen.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Surely the fish has to be caught by rod and line, no funnies about whats a rod please. If it has not been hooked and brought to the net then it has not been caught. Anyone scooping a fish and retaining it for weighing in is a CHEAT

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Definately Cheating
      Colin

Comment

Lets be honest. If no one sees, kost people will put both in there keepnet. If someone sees, most people will put back the smaller of the two (regardless of which one was caught fairly).

Me? Never going to happen on the cut, so doesn't matter!
        [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Many years ago I was fishing an Embassy qualifier on the Thames at Medley (Oxford) which were fished to NFA rules so pike counted. A very well known angler was next to me & he landed a roach he had hooked that was in a pikes mouth & also a larger pike that was tailing the 1st pike, so 3 fish in one scoop.
          John

Comment

Cheat !
            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I have just bought a much bigger landing net, for this specific purpose, what ever puts more fish in ya net
              Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
              If you havnt got a good partner.
              Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

It is cheating but then it's down to the anglers around him to Say something. On our matches if any ones found cheating then there weight dosent count anyway.

Comment

It's already been said on another thread, "all anglers are cheats & liars" it's definitely cheating but in matches if it's not seen anything goes by all accounts.
                  I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                  He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Billy we know its cheating ........................ i did a REAL Chang for it
                    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]You are only as good as your last mistake[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

if this was an isolated once in a lifetime occurrence then it can be put down to a lucky freak stroke of luck , but to emphasise gentlemen , this particular incident was the second time this season involving the same person at the same venue , obviously a clear ruling regarding this type of situation needs inserting into the club rules to save any argument or further bending of the rules ie the fish you hook is the fish you weigh
                      deano ><((((?>><((((?>JAMES MAUDE LINDEN CLUB ><((((?>><((((?>

Comment

Originally posted by deanochang View Post
                        if this was an isolated once in a lifetime occurrence then it can be put down to a lucky freak stroke of luck , but to emphasise gentlemen , this particular incident was the second time this season involving the same person at the same venue , obviously a clear ruling regarding this type of situation needs inserting into the club rules to save any argument or further bending of the rules ie the fish you hook is the fish you weigh
                        Deano, we need to address this ruling on Saturday mate, we cannot employ this sort of behaviour.

Nick, that dirty word mate CHANG, all eyes are watching down there mate.
                        Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
                        ><((((?>
                        .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

totally agree bill
                          deano ><((((?>><((((?>JAMES MAUDE LINDEN CLUB ><((((?>><((((?>

Comment

i think its the sane as folk who foul hook fish on purpose when they are cruising passed.
                            cheat
                            out of darkness cometh light

Comment

Calling it a bonus fish is a wrong term. It's not a bonus it's hijacking.
                              I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                              He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Working...
                              X