Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fishomania coverage what did you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishomania coverage what did you think?

I thought although it was watchable, there were some really amateurish and cringeworthy moments!
    Heres a few of my dislikes
    1.Immediately shown on camera a contestant with a fag hanging from his gob(and a few other occasions throughout).Not a good advert for a sporting event

2.The very first weigh in of the day the fish were put into the weigh sling on the gravel path(just in front of the weighing mat!)

3.Why do we want to have the camera fixed on a contestants face while listening to endless drivel from the studio ,instead of watching how they are fishing?

i could go on...........................
    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

4, The grass was left a bit long

5, it would have been nice to see the goat

6, the studio could have done with being 10 foot to the right

sorry bud,, couldn't resist it !!!!

thought they had weighing mats ?
    Last edited by Leaky Lloyd; 15 July 2012, 09:04 PM.
    :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

1.Immediately shown on camera a contestant with a fag hanging from his gob(and a few other occasions throughout).Not a good advert for a sporting event
      Its more acceptable than showing 2 anglers rotten feet in jesus boots tho !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Blind acceptance is a sign of stupid fools that stand in line

Comment

Originally posted by Spongebob View Post
        Its more acceptable than showing 2 anglers rotten feet in jesus boots tho !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Now that was disgusting Bob!

Comment

Here's an idea, why not write to Sky and complain about what bugs you, I mean there's so much coverage of matches on TV we can afford to drop this I'm sure. Failing that accept that the coverage wasn't quite as you'd personally like it and also accept something is better than nothing.
          Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

commentry could have been in spanish for me,,, its still fishing ! LOL
            :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Originally posted by shooter560 View Post
              Here's an idea, why not write to Sky and complain about what bugs you, I mean there's so much coverage of matches on TV we can afford to drop this I'm sure. Failing that accept that the coverage wasn't quite as you'd personally like it and also accept something is better than nothing.
              Already have, they said that me and all us lot on TA should be grateful to get this!
              praise the lord for this wonderous spectacle!

Comment

Watching match fishing will never be a high exhilaration experience, it has none of the high impact shots that can be associated with other events like football, cricket, even table tennis is more explosive. To be honest some of the bankside commentators could be better, as could some of the scalesmen gee even Dick Clegg nearly got one weight wrong, fortunately Fordy spotted that the scales were on the second revolution.
                However thought todays coverage like last years was better, and had more technical content, but then maybe team fishing lends itself to a better coverage. However unless the result is closer there is not going to be any drama.
                As for showing a angler smoking, well thats a fact of life some anglers smoke, however I dont prescribe to the theory that fishing is a sport, not whilst most of its competitors start there days activities on a full english.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

could u imagine fishing for 30k yer nerves must be shot at the start then when yer start catching youve got someone who aint a clue sticking a microphone in yer face basicly ruining yer chances of winning it if the fish r cagey maybe the bloke with the fag in his mouth was a tactic so they dont show him on tv n leave him aloneif i was there i would have a bait table with a load of fag packets on it every one knows they cant advertise them on telly

Comment

i don't even smoke, and i'd want one to calm my nerves!
                    Real men fish rivers

Comment

I couldnt fish this weekend so watched every minute of both days live on tv. My observations .......

Yesterday on the individual half the field looked scared to death under the cameras and a few made tactical mistakes blowing there chances , it was a decent match to watch though and thank god for Andy May and Matt Hall,s input otherwise all the other waffle could have spolit it ....... why oh why does every little detail have to be explained like the audience are little children ???? also as has already been mentioned , Andy Ford prevented massive controversy at one very important weigh in !!!

Today .......

Wow what a supreme masterclass England gave ! Light elastics , light tackle , different feeding (cips rules) catching everything that swims , absolutely brilliant viewing ! Again too much waffle but much much better than saturday ....... brilliant viewing and HOW GOOD ARE ENGLAND , AWESOME !
                      Blue Moon Rising

Comment

Who gives a monkey's...Footballers gob all over the pitch in extreme close up all the time no one says anything....Tiger Woods gobbing all over the greens during a recent event was soon blown over...and that dirty pig (who beat Nadal) gobbing on the tennis court at Wimbledon nobody mentioned it....But an angler smoking....wow call the feds...

Comment

Originally posted by Sutty View Post
                          could u imagine fishing for 30k yer nerves must be shot at the start then when yer start catching youve got someone who aint a clue sticking a microphone in yer face basicly ruining yer chances of winning it if the fish r cagey maybe the bloke with the fag in his mouth was a tactic so they dont show him on tv n leave him aloneif i was there i would have a bait table with a load of fag packets on it every one knows they cant advertise them on telly
                          not often you make me laugh sutts but that posts just tickled me mate !!!!
                          absolutely spot on flower !!!! PMSL !

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
                            Watching match fishing will never be a high exhilaration experience, it has none of the high impact shots that can be associated with other events like football, cricket, even table tennis is more explosive. To be honest some of the bankside commentators could be better, as could some of the scalesmen gee even Dick Clegg nearly got one weight wrong, fortunately Fordy spotted that the scales were on the second revolution.
                            However thought todays coverage like last years was better, and had more technical content, but then maybe team fishing lends itself to a better coverage. However unless the result is closer there is not going to be any drama.
                            As for showing a angler smoking, well thats a fact of life some anglers smoke, however I dont prescribe to the theory that fishing is a sport, not whilst most of its competitors start there days activities on a full english.
                            By definition match fishing IS a sport Bri!

Comment

why dont they put the main event[the final] on the sunday coz every year people say the sunday fishes better !

Comment

Working...
                              X