Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Novice Match Angler ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novice Match Angler ......

Aside from me never fishing a match since 1987,i have never fished a River full stop, and i have entered into a match on the Trent at East Bridgeford Notts(Notts Angling Water) now how would you approach it from my point of view being a novice.

chuck a feeder....
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

More than once though! Groundbait feeder with worm and caster. 6lb mainline, 0.18mm hooklength to a 14 or 12 strong hook, 2 worms, worm and maggot or caster, 3 casters or maggots on hook. Try and find out best distance to fish, depending on peg. Add or subtract weight to feeder so it just holds with rod in air and downstream, bit of a bow in line, want a 13ft rod. Cast every minute or 2 to start, then leave a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by NathanWatson View Post
        More than once though! Groundbait feeder with worm and caster. 6lb mainline, 0.18mm hooklength to a 14 or 12 strong hook, 2 worms, worm and maggot or caster, 3 casters or maggots on hook. Try and find out best distance to fish, depending on peg. Add or subtract weight to feeder so it just holds with rod in air and downstream, bit of a bow in line, want a 13ft rod. Cast every minute or 2 to start, then leave a bit longer.
        Not a Bad Answer Mate !!
        Shockd a few that think you only fish Pole UIW i bet
        About time you started getting ready to go home !!
        Talk later mate
        i have to go Fishing !! NOW
        Colin

Comment

Cheers for reply Nate..?groundbait feeder will a cage feeder do the job,also i have a 12ft Garbolino rocket carp feeder and a 12ft barbel rod?which would be best to use.

ps Get well soon.

Comment

Of the 2 I would use the garbo as the bite indication should be better
            John

Comment

Plastic feeder better mate and either rod depending on flow and how much weight you need to hold. Thanks, just got home!

Comment

Took their time Mate !!
                when we spoke this morning you were getting ready to go home then
                Take it easy mate dont try to do too much !!
                Colin

Comment

Working...
                X