Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pricey peg fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pricey peg fees

How long before we see contest peg fees going for £10 on commercials. Not long I suspect, and that will be the death of small clubs like us.What with having to buy their pellets, paste etc it is getting

far too pricey or am I just being to mutch of a whinger ?

some round here are charging £8 peg fees on opens
    Thats why i go to Moorlands they only take £5 or £5.50 weekends & £4 in the week
    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
      some round here are charging £8 peg fees on opens
      Thats why i go to Moorlands they only take £5 or £5.50 weekends & £4 in the week
      Moorlands £7 per peg fee

Comment

That is for club bookings Les
        1st contest is £7 & if you re-book they reduce it most clubs go back regularly & pay less than that mate
        after 2 or 3 matches i am not 100% certain but i think it reduces by approx £1.50 per peg
        Also peg fees are cheaper Oct to Mar
        + if you book say 15 pegs on Moors you will get whole pool ,18 Bank or 15 Island you would get the whole pool !!
        if you ask Tracy for details she will always help you out !!
        The peg fees i quoted where for the Open matches
        the Mid week matches are from £11 to £12 including bonus pegs if 15 fish you could win up to £300 if you are lucky enough to draw bonus peg after the match
        Colin

Comment

Southview peg fee ONLY £3 ...

Comment

Originally posted by snaptackle View Post
            but it cost more having to replace your lasses rollers for floating thod

Comment

Great price that !!
              problem is most owners look @ the Obscene prices down south £10 ,£12 & think the rest of the country will pay the same
              i would rather have 50 anglers paying £5 than 5 paying £10
              As they buy feed pellets or other baits on the day & feed the fish
              if no one fishes you would have to feed them yourself
              Many fisheries have cafes on site & in many cases make more money from these
              If many owners dont start thinking seriously about their prices then they will not have anyone @ their fishery
              There are lots of club cards & even club waters that can be fished all year round for anything from £20 per year
              canals & rivers will see an upturn in numbers fishing them
              Also the tackle trade that is largely aimed @ the Commercial market will then start to struggle
              as Anglers are priced out & start to return to different types of fishing !!
              You only have to look back 20yrs to the massive numbers of Fly fisheries that didnt make it due to silly Greedy people that eventualy priced the average Angler out !!
              Colin

Comment

2 quid peg fee on Trent & Mersey Canal match tomorrow ....... 90 odd fishing it !
                Blue Moon Rising

Comment

Originally posted by snaptackle View Post
                  £3 is prob inline with the stock density.low weights low price. Generally

Comment

glebes a tenner,, worth it in my eyes,
                    cudmore arena lake is a tenner,, not worth it in my eyes !
                    you pays yer money at the end of the day !
                    im not saying its right, but i love fishing, if prices go up ill pay it,,, it will be tight
                    does anyone know what yer can get for a kidney on ebay ??????
                    :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

More than you would get for your brain Lloyd, only joking pal

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

pmsl !!!!! well thats good cos at tenner a peg at the moment id get a quick evening session in cos most knock pegging down to 6 quid after 4 pm,, LOL
                        :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Originally posted by les View Post
                          How long before we see contest peg fees going for £10 on commercials. Not long I suspect, and that will be the death of small clubs like us.What with having to buy their pellets, paste etc it is getting

far too pricey or am I just being to mutch of a whinger ?
                          think about it the owner has forked out x amount of pounds probably from bank loans which need paying with interest,had to stock it to the hilt so their water is better than the one down the road so yer keep coming back,maintain the place,either employ someone to run the place so he/she can work too or run the place thereself which would be their only livelyhood,in winter when there might be froze over for weeks at a time fetching no revenue in what so ever or only 1/2 folk go all week still need the upkeep to pay for n lastly what would happen if there was a fish kill ud expect him to restock the ponds wouldnt ya? mainly fishing now is very seasonal not like old when anglers went week in week out

Comment

Originally posted by Sutty View Post
                            think about it the owner has forked out x amount of pounds probably from bank loans which need paying with interest,had to stock it to the hilt so their water is better than the one down the road so yer keep coming back,maintain the place,either employ someone to run the place so he/she can work too or run the place thereself which would be their only livelyhood,in winter when there might be froze over for weeks at a time fetching no revenue in what so ever or only 1/2 folk go all week still need the upkeep to pay for n lastly what would happen if there was a fish kill ud expect him to restock the ponds wouldnt ya? mainly fishing now is very seasonal not like old when anglers went week in week out
                            I can't argue with what you say, if people think about it they would agree.
                            Most folk wouldn't get out of bed for less than a tenner per hour but complain when a bloke tries to earn a living, so yes Les I think you & everyone else who moans about prices are whinging.
                            I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                            He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

the customer is always right! in everything if people are not willing to pay the price they will simply stop paying for it,its up to the fisheries to keep customers coming back,not get as much as you can when the weathers nice,keep putting the pegging fees up is not a solution,if i fish a pool where the fee is high but the payout is poor..i dont go again
                              new pb 151lb 11/08/12 oak pool,cobhouse

Comment

Working...
                              X