Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

None float pole rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• None float pole rig

Fished a match this week end gone, and the guy next to me fished floaters using a pole without a float? Whilst in all fairness he done really well and it was entertaining to see the fish take the bait, is it a generally excepted way of fishing floaters. Some venues state that a float must be used and rig lengths and BS's are quoted, but this was the first time I have ever seen this floatless technique used. ( I must give it a go some day ) I am aware that venues state if floaters or any floating bait can or cant be used, but no mention of floats? or is this just nit picking because the blokes got a method thats outgunning every one else.

Most match venues state that you have to use a float ALSO most venues around our way floating / surface baits are banned, as if fed they float off into other anglers swims!!

Comment

where was this westy?
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

i used that method 2o + yrs ago & it was banned straight away !! nothing new!!
        As Simon said most match venues Ban floating baits in all forms
        As for just line "Bungee" fishing this is also Banned !!
        Most match venues state as Simon has pointed out that Floats must be used @ a minimum depth!!
        As an example a Club booked Bank Pool @ Moorlands about a month ago
        Due to the Baillif Bob ,being a bit ""Thick"" Sorry Bob !!
        they virtualy all fished the Bungee the weights caught were Amazing
        265lbs won & i believe most of the people on the Match put over 100lbs on the scales
        The Bungee has been Banned on most Fisheries for almost 20yrs
        Moorlands was 1 of the 1st to Ban it
        I think the weights caught in this Club match were fantastic & am not critising any member of the club for doing it
        They should have been Told by the Baillif that it is not allowed!!
        But he didnt tell them !!
        I personaly think that MUGGING of any Description should be Banned !!
        "ie" following fish & dropping bait in front of them time after time until they swirl @ it & either take the bait or get foul hooked.
        Before anyone says it is sour grapes on my part
        It is NOT i could also catch that way (very easily ) but i choose not too because in my mind its Cheating !!
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
          i used that method 2o + yrs ago & it was banned straight away !! nothing new!!
          As Simon said most match venues Ban floating baits in all forms
          As for just line "Bungee" fishing this is also Banned !!
          Most match venues state as Simon has pointed out that Floats must be used @ a minimum depth!!
          As an example a Club booked Bank Pool @ Moorlands about a month ago
          Due to the Baillif Bob ,being a bit ""Thick"" Sorry Bob !!

they virtualy all fished the Bungee the weights caught were Amazing
          265lbs won & i believe most of the people on the Match put over 100lbs on the scales
          The Bungee has been Banned on most Fisheries for almost 20yrs
          Moorlands was 1 of the 1st to Ban it
          I think the weights caught in this Club match were fantastic & am not critising any member of the club for doing it
          They should have been Told by the Baillif that it is not allowed!!
          But he didnt tell them !!
          I personaly think that MUGGING of any Description should be Banned !!
          "ie" following fish & dropping bait in front of them time after time until they swirl @ it & either take the bait or get foul hooked.
          Before anyone says it is sour grapes on my part
          It is NOT i could also catch that way (very easily ) but i choose not too because in my mind its Cheating !!
          Only way i could catch a carp for 3.5 hours Saturday! Mugging is the future....

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Teepot View Post
            where was this westy?
            It was at charity match hosted at "The Riddings" It was a seriously great day out, and a well worthy cause, it was in aid of a hospice, of which the name escapes me!!! but all in all a great set of anglers all helping a true cause.

Comment

Hi All.
              we used a method like that at Catchwater in skegness, a length of line with a hook on the end and a chum mixer as bait.
              My son who is 13 caught 200 carp, ranging from 3lb to 7lb, so you are looking at about 800lb of fish, no wonder he was knackered the next day.
              It is a method everyone uses on there, so we thought if you cant beat um join um.
              Must agree, i can see why it is banned at most places, not what i would call proper fishing, but it was fun.
              Some of the fish were in a bad state, some could not swallow a mixer because of the mouth being in such a bad state, i think the barbed hook people have been on there.
              All the best steve.

Comment

Originally posted by jake cork View Post
                Only way i could catch a carp for 3.5 hours Saturday! Mugging is the future....
                Jake
                Moorlands made a new ruling LAST week 12" from float to pole tip minimum 12"from float to hook in order to Stop Mugging !!
                But it aint stopped it because they are just waiting for fish to cruise past & keep gently lowering bait in front of it till its hooked
                IMO that is Cheating & should be Banned !!
                There are a fair few Anglers that are prepared to stop going there if it aint Stopped.
                And YES i am 1 of them !!
                If that is the future of Match Fishing you are welcome to it !
                You can stick So called Match Fishing up your ----. Backside as i dont want no part of it
                Colin

Comment

May as well go to a fun fair and hook plastic ducks....... if match fishing resorts to the above!!!

Comment

Jake
                    Moorlands made a new ruling LAST week 12" from float to pole tip minimum 12"from float to hook in order to Stop Mugging !!
                    But it aint stopped it because they are just waiting for fish to cruise past & keep gently lowering bait in front of it till its hooked
                    There are a fair few Anglers that are prepared to stop going there if it aint Stopped.
                    You can stick So called Match Fishing up your ----. Backside as i dont want no part of it
                    I don't see how that rule stops mugging!? Also, what's the problem with it?

Comment

Jake
                      Yup and i stuck to those rules! So im not a cheat if thats what your calling me!? If a fish takes a bait, it wants to!! I dont drop it in its open mouth, so its NOT hook a duck. I work for the fish, shipping to 16m back to 6m etc.. I fish to win, if thats what i have to do, thats what i'll do...

Comment

Jake
                        i did not call you a Cheat
                        If you read what i put i said that the 12" rule was started by certain people to Stop Mugging !!
                        IMO they missed the most important bit out that would have stopped people chasing fish & constantly dangling bait in front of cruising fish until it either snatches @ Bait or gets Foul hooked
                        If shipping from 16m back to 6m chasing fish is what you think is Fishing ,then how can i disagree ??
                        IMO its not !!
                        If thats what Match fishing is Coming to then as far as i am concerned they can Stuff it !!
                        No skill or watercraft needed No Bait needed just a good pair of Polaroid Glasses & constant shipping in & out !!
                        Nathan Mugging aint Fishing mate it has been Banned for as long as i can remember in this area as well as others
                        It has somehow re-surfaced over the last couple of months Sadly & mark my words ,the Match turnouts will very soon start to Decline if its not banned again !!
                        The turnouts recently have been fairly good here but on Sunday it was down to 17 &only 4 turned up for the Evening match !!
                        i along with a lot of others will not be going there for much longer
                        I will certainly not Miss it !!
                        Colin

Comment

Christ knows
                          I just know it aint got Sod all to do with Fishing !!
                          Like Jake said if thats what hes got to do to WIN & hes not alone ,then thats what he will do !!
                          There are more that wont ,& all it will succeed in doing is decimate Turnouts AGAIN
                          Colin

Comment

Never heard of it been banned anywhere!? It's only on odd occasions that it's a winning method anyway and some days the only way to catch so i don't see the problem!?

Comment

how does a 12 inch rule stop mugging?

Comment

Working...
                              X