Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Groundbaits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groundbaits

Hi guys !
    In germany is always a big disscusion of what groundbait to use .
    What are you using for whitefish and are you using additives ?

Hi German Bream, by whitefish I persume you mean Roach and Bream etc - what we call Silverfish.

The groundbait we use depends on the season and how many fish and their size you are expecting to catch - what sort of size of fish are you targeting and what sort of weights win your matches over there? Also what is the water like, is it deep or shallow and does it flow? All these things need to be taken into account - give us a bit more information about the venue and what fish you are after?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Yes, i mean SILVERFISH .
      My question was generally , groundbait from van den Eynde , sensas , mondial , geers, ...
      or do you think it isn´t important ?
      In germany the most of the anglers think more about to use what grounbait and not how to fish ! I think in england it is complete different .

Comment

I've found Mondial "Touche" gives a lift to most groundbaits when fishing for bream on our stretch of the Grand Union canal in the West Midlands! Unfortunately, German Bream, I have not been able to buy any of late in the UK! Give it a try!!
        John - Kingfisher
        Talk Angling Senior Member
        Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

If you are fishing for bream then the Sensas pure brown crumb is an excellent base for the mix, then I think it is very much dependadnt on the time of year and the water temperature what else you add to the mix.

Here in the UK it is now starting to get a bit colder but the fishing is still good so we are putting a little leam in with the mix. Personally I like the Van den Eynde Super Match and Secret for silverfish as a basis + a little of perhaps Black Turbo or Super Roach / River or Super Lake. Also there is an additive from Trabucco called Tracics which comes in different colours which can make a nice cloud effect as the balls are breaking up on the bottom and can give an advantage I beleive if you are fishing for lots of small fish.

Alot of the guys who come over to the Irish festivals use crushed buscuit in their bream groundbait mix along with some vanilla flavouring and they swear by this - this tends to be a light coloured and very sweet mix. Personally I believe that you should worry as much about the colour of your groundbait mix as the content but the amount of salt in it is also crucial at certain venues and times of the year - just get a flour seive and seive off a bag of something like secret and see how much there is in there! But also as Salt acts as a diuretic for the fish so sometimes it is a big advantage to add a good couple of handfulls of salt to a mix - something that alot of people wouldnt think of doing!

Anyway, just a few ideas
          Simon Young
          Admin
          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

after bream sunday, plan to use 50/50 supermatch/dynamight bream

Comment

Hi, i lived on the German Dutch border for 8 yrs and fished on the rivers maas, roer, aijsell for bream and in the winter floods i fished in the boat yards around roermond for roach. I learnt a lot about groundbait mainly from the Dutch and Belgium anglers. They mix there own from base ingredients which was time consuming. I found van den eynde groundbaits better than sensas either because its supposed to contain more salt or that VDE cost 90p a bag. The mix i use is 1 bag of turbo black 2Kg to 1 bag of secret 1Kg for rivers, and 1 bag of turbo to 1 bag of supercup for lakes. The turbo black is different to the black turbo we get over hear and is a lot cheaper. When fishing silver fish matches over hear this mix is very effective.
              Steve Davies

Comment

Working...
              X